tailight idea....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tailight idea....

I have thought of a way to make my tailights alot brighter on my '91... (I have had friends that have followed me and told me both my tailights and the stoplights aren't very bright, especially in the late afternoon.. when the sun is behind me, and it isn't battery or alternator problems.. they are fine) I am going to install another 1157 bulb in the tailight assembly, about two inches under the first bulbs... I thought of this because when the FD had the car.. they installed strobes.. and they took them out when they sold me the car... and it left a hole in the back of the lense, (one inch diameter) which I covered with some of that aluminum A/C duct tape... (The shiny stuff) I am going to find two crunched tailights in the junk yard, and using a two and a half inch hole saw, cut out the socket hole. I am also going to get the wiring pigtail sockets from the junkyard. Then I'm going to epoxy the lenses piece I have cut out over the hole in my lenses... Then splice in the other socket to the tail/stop light harness, and snap it in the tailight...
    And I will have two tailight bulbs, it will still look stock... and twice as bright!
    I'll get some pictures when I do it...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

:picsorst:
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

GEEZ!!!

Evilcrownvic...
      I'll get some pictures when I do it...
      UH, what part of that statement do you NOT understand???
      I have to find the parts first, THEN get the time to do it, (Since I am also restoring another car) AND get a day that it is not friggen raining....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

i was only kidding man,lol. i know you're working on the 84 right now, and rain does suck.
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Tailights

And it only seems to rain on the weekends.. when I'm off!!! I haven't been able to find any trashed tailights at the junk yards too.. I don't want to cut up good ones.. Since good ones are usually hard to find... and usually the crunched ones are EVERYWHERE.. but not right now! So I am looking for some broken ones... none found "YET"!!!

Comment

Uh, you might first check voltage to the tails first...and then pick up an issue or "street rodder" magazine, and look for the halogen taillight bulbs from a vendor in there....a lot of the older street rods (good example? the 1939 Ford Teardrop taillights) need a brighter bulb in there...a halogen is a nice improvement. You may have to drill a hole in the top of the housing (on the inside), however, as these bulbs give off some heat....

Comment

Working...
            X