Potential Vaccuum Issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential Vaccuum Issue...

Since I'll be running the E303 cam(.498"lift, 220 duration)
    I suspect that I will loose some vaccuum and therefore make my brakes less powerful.
    Is there anything I can do to make up for that pressure loss? maybe some kind of vaccuum canister?

-Colin
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

An Ecam shouldn't have any effect. It's pretty mild. I'd think you'd go with a better cam in that motor. I'm running more cam without any issues.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

well, I'll be putting in 1.7 roller rockers, so the lift will be more like .528...will that have any issues?
      sigpic
      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Lift doesn't effect vacuum. Duration and overlap do. And the increase in duration and overlap from the 1.7's wont be enough to effect the vacuum.

There are more important things to worry about in your build

You order an underdrive pulley from ASP yet? Supension, big brakes?
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

The booster has a built in reservoir functionality and that connector that the hose plugs onto is a one-way check valve, so unless your idle vacuum is seriously low, it shouldn't be an issue.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X