LED's not flashing in front parklaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED's not flashing in front parklaps

I baught some LED bulbs for my front turn signals and the light up when the lights are on but when i turn on the turn signals they just light up stedy and dont flash, put my old bulbs back in for now, i tryed them in my buddies VW and they worked,,,, is it possable i might need a differnt flasher??

you need an electronic flasher
    LTD is still here

Comment

Originally posted by Dave84
      I baught some LED bulbs for my front turn signals and the light up when the lights are on but when i turn on the turn signals they just light up stedy and dont flash, put my old bulbs back in for now, i tryed them in my buddies VW and they worked,,,, is it possable i might need a differnt flasher??
      You betcha. The standard system requires an electrical load to heat up a bi-metalic filament which warps, causing the opening and closing of the circuit, thus the flashing. LED bulbs have very little load, thus not heating the filament. They make electronic flashers that are not dependant on electrical load. Plugs right into where the stock one is. Problem solved.
      1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
      1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
      1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

yep
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

ok,, i can just get one at any auto parts store?? or out of a car with one, like i say they work in my buddy's volks wagon so it would have an electric flasher im asuming. and is the electric flasher a differnt shape? like a square shape, or dose it look the same...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave84
            ok,, i can just get one at any auto parts store?? or out of a car with one, like i say they work in my buddy's volks wagon so it would have an electric flasher im asuming. and is the electric flasher a differnt shape? like a square shape, or dose it look the same...
            German car verses American car. Yes, they are different.
            The german one will be made out of exotic material and be held in with at least 10 screws. (Anybody that has worked on german cars will get that joke.)
            Yes, any parts store will have it. I don't think it was over $5, but that was years ago when I got mine.
            1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
            1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
            1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

yep its shaped the same, same part number but this one should say "electronic" or "on the package, not thermal.
              Mine had a snazzy see-through outer shell.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma
                German car verses American car. Yes, they are different.
                The German one will be made out of exotic material and be held in with at least 10 screws. (Anybody that has worked on German cars will get that joke.)
                Yes, any parts store will have it. I don't think it was over $5, but that was years ago when I got mine.
                LOL my Capri is like that....*made in Cologne Germany* It's fuses are under the hood like an Audi but the electrical is about as simple as a VeeDub.
                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
                X