Gas Mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Mileage

Just wondering what you all get for mileage on your 4.6's. On mine (technically still my grandmothers), the on-board computer reads 16.5 MPG average. There are currently no mods on the car. What about you guys?

I get around 18 or so, mixed highway/city driving in my 2003. I have no drivetrain mods.

Comment

if i beat the hell out of her, i'll see 9mpg. if i gently touch the pedal and only cruise the highway, i can see up to 30mpg.

your numbers will fall in between these.

on average i'll see about 17-22mpg.

2000 HPP Mods
      15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
      9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=13022
        "Owning a 9-second Import is like coming out of the closet.... At first it may be surprising, but in the end, you're still gay!"

www.myspace.com/nascarmechanic

Comment

sounds right as I run 80-90 on the interstate daily and see 16-18.

Comment

Well it depends on what city you guys call city, I live in NYC ill get about 12mpg city. 20highway on my 97cvpi
            1999 CVPI
            Old Rides
            1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
            1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

My dad gets 27mpg Constant with primarily Highway driving around 75mph on cruise and like 15 miles around town tops a day.
              Resident diesel addict

Comment

I get about 13-14 in town 19 solid highway. I can never break out of 19 for some reason. Shitty power, so-so gas mileage and no hauling space or 4x4 like a truck. Someone tell me why I drive this car again? LOL

The 03 gets 22-25 highway and about 18 in town. His old 2000 GM got 33 Highway.
                2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Hi Guys

Your gas milage stinks, I get 76 on the freeway and 57 around the city in my 92 Town Car.

Regards

Dereck
                  President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Usually around 15-16 in town and with the cruise control set at the speed limit of 65-70 mph, I can see 27 on the highway. That's using what the trip meter says when the gas gauge reads half a tank.
                    1998 Crown Victoria P71: Former National Institiute of Health vehicle
                    1974 VW Beetle

Comment

16 city

21 hwy

Consistently.
                      1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                      FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. I don't have the 94 anymore, but 16 wasn't great. I'm sure it was so low because at the time of the reading I was doing nothing but cruising around town. I'm in the market for another panther now though, should be soon enough.

Comment

i seem to get 20-21 with a city favored mix, 18-19 if its all city

1999 P74 HPP 3.27 RAR

Comment

Working...
                          X