Throttle Body Spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle Body Spacer

I was cruising ebay and I saw one of these for our 4.6 liters. Can anyone tell be was the benefits are from this. It says on the site that it can give 22 more hp 25 ftlbs of torque and 4 more miles per gallon. Is this to good to be true? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW I know about ebay and they hype everything up way more then it is like the .99 chips that give ya 20 hp. Ya right.
    Thanks.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

There has not been any dyno testing to prove those numbers. I don't see how it could help on EFI cars. On a carb'ed motor it's different. Personally I would not buy, I see it as a waste of money. If you do wanna get one get it from ADTR, it's cheaper.

Linky...
    -Michael

Comment

ADTR's HP numbers are also much more realistic. 2-3 HP
      -Michael

Comment

I forgot ADTR had them. I May get one later on cause of gas mileage and it said big torque gains but that is a big may. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Oh yeah, just remembered gDMJoe has the Steeda spacer. You could ask him about any differences.
          -Michael

Comment

I don't believe they do much of anything on these cars. Waste of money just like larger throttle bodies unless its forced induction or has the bigger comp cams camshafts in it.
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I don't believe huge reaults have been substantiated
              1993 GM LS 244K
              29.5mm PI front bar, ENS greaseable bushings, 21mm rear bar, ENS bushings, endlinks. Black steelies, center caps. Stewart-Warner mechanical oil pressure guage. K&N filter

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 144K
              All airbags are now coils/struts. Junk tranny, motor donor car

Mercury Owners Group

If you don\'t like what I have to type, don\'t read it. It is only my opinion, nothing more.

Comment

I installed one after I purchased it used on Mod Depot for a few dollars.

Click here.

I have not dynoed the car since I installed the 70mm TB and spacer. If I get 2-5 more HP, I would be surprised.

If you want one, I'd look on the Mustang forums for a used one.
                The 2003 Marauder 300A F.I.T #003
                The 1998 P71 Jinbei. SOLD!
                The 2001 P71 (Flying Snow).

Comment

You would gain as much from a spacer as having a buddy push with his arms when you take off.

Comment

Ok thanks guys. That will be a no then. I think I will spend my money on something more useful.

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
                      Ok thanks guys. That will be a no then. I think I will spend my money on something more useful.

Good choice!
                      1993 GM LS 244K
                      29.5mm PI front bar, ENS greaseable bushings, 21mm rear bar, ENS bushings, endlinks. Black steelies, center caps. Stewart-Warner mechanical oil pressure guage. K&N filter

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 144K
                      All airbags are now coils/struts. Junk tranny, motor donor car

Mercury Owners Group

If you don\'t like what I have to type, don\'t read it. It is only my opinion, nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                      X