Brake Line Wore through, 03 GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Line Wore through, 03 GM

Alright my dad was driving the vic tonight and the brake pedal went to the floor, so he had me take a look. I saw right away it was the left rear that was leaking. I pull the wheel off and the line was wore through. Now we had these wheels on for about 10k miles now no problems or signs of wearing before. I don't know how the line would have shifted though. We have to wait till monday to get a new one because that is going to be a stealership part. It is easy to replace but it kind of freaks me out as my dad drove 400 miles the day before. Here are some pics of it. Notice how the one that wore through is routed different then the right side one (last pic). If I remember correctly it was like this everytime I have taken off the wheels. I hope the new one isn't like that or I will have to ziptie it to something.

2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

When were the brakes done? Looks like the caliper was put on with the hose twisted. Pads look fairly new too...
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
      When were the brakes done? Looks like the caliper was put on with the hose twisted. Pads look fairly new too...
      :stupid:

That is what it looks like.

Comment

yup. look at the difference in the passenger side - that side is ok.
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

What they said, kinky is fun in bed, not on brake lines.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I did the brakes about 15k ago. Shit I didn't even think about the break line routing. I wonder what would have caused it to rub though right now instead of right after I did them. Damn
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

They're thick, so they can usually hold well for a while. It's not like you were grinding on it with sandpaper... it basically had to burn through I imagine.
              2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
              1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
              1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Working...
              X