Manganese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manganese

Lets start a subforum in OTB with a dictionary filled with words that we use here at GMN. We can continue to add to it and eventually have a second language. Just tryin to improve GMN in anyway I can, that's my Oh, I gotta give GL and Nate some credit for the idea.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

I refuse to support the degeneration of the english language. Just my opinion though.

Comment

Only problem is, most of the Manganese language is meaningless. Metric taters, icegream, none of it has any meaning.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

We'll make up meanings. And it's not degrading to the English language, it's all in good fun.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
          We'll make up meanings. And it's not degrading to the English language, it's all in good fun.
          Okay, fine.

But WTF is a metric tater?

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Not sure, all I know is SAE potatos taste a little better.
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

SAE potatoes ftw!!!!

Metric taters are so dang hard to deal with. How the heck am I supposed to tell the difference between 12 mm tater and a 13 mm tater? Gosh dern it!!!

Comment

And stores never have those conversion charts by the potatos, so you can't tell if a 12MM potato is near the same as a 4.5 inch potato.
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I once got a bag of SAE taters that had a metric tater thrown in by accident. Talk about confusing. Trying to make scalloped potatoes and the metric one wouldn't go with my SAE ham. Took me a long time to figure that one out.

Comment

your driving a metric tater btw.
                    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

I hit a few SAE taters on my drive home tonight. I saw a dead metric one too.
                      -Matt
                      1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Hilarious! someone make this happen!

Of course, I haven't been around to hear these great words I'd like to hear the story behind metric taters and icegream
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

hhmmm....
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

here's a fun fact - manganese is also one of our periodic elements. (if yous didnt already know) lol
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
                              Of course, I haven't been around to hear these great words I'd like to hear the story behind metric taters and icegream
                              Icegream was simply a typo of ice cream.

Metric taters arose when Jon said he lived close to Idaho, give or take a potato. I then asked whether they were regular potatoes or metric potatoes. After all, I wanted to be sure of the actual distance.

Hmmm...explaining 'em almost sucks all the funny out.

Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X