Happy New Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Years

Hey everyone, I just found this forum and looks like home lol. I drive a 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis. Those are pictures in my sig. Its gotta stock 5.0 and I've added true duals exhaust on it, in time I will put some flowmaster 40 series on it. I had 20 inch chrome daytons on it(took em off for winter time) and I had 4 12" audiobahns in the trunk but I got jacked and currently my right side back window is busted and my overhead dome lamp in busted. I still have the pioneer in-dash though. I plan on doing a lot more to it, so I will keep you guys updated.

BTW, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

thanks mang nice merc. you'll find all sorts of good ideas here

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Welcome to GMN!!! That's a nice merc and the wire wheels are cool.

Comment

thanks, u can also find me chatting on eastcoastryders forum, they have lots of information on lifts and big wheels

Comment

Welcome!!!
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Welcome to GMN. Looks like a nice GM. The rims don't look too bad on it, I like it, even though i'm not a fan of donks, or dubs, or whatever you want to call em. I wouldn't go any bigger than 20". Have you done any performance mods besides dual exhaust? What headers, x or h pipe, and mufflers did you use? What size it the exhaust? And the next thing to do would be gears, 3.27's if you do a lot of highway driving, 3.73's if it's mostly around town, or 3.55's if it's a mix of both. I'd go with trac-lock gears instead of open when you get the gears. Also would be stiffer springs/shocks, sway bar, shift kit, and maybe a rear disk conversion. And also there are plenty of engine mods. You have tons of options, do what you can, and have fun with it.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

thanks man, well lets see, thats the only performance mod ive done so far, but i got stock headers on it, never found any other ones but only looked on the net i know shops around here could definitly get some, but i do want performance headers, my exhaust is 2.25, h pipe, stock mufflers, i plan on gettin flowmaster 40s, and i do a lot of highway driving cuz i commute to college, but yea i got plans for this, there is so much i can do, im already havin fun with it and i plan on continuing

Comment

You can get Mustang shorty headers, or BBK equal length shorties, which will give you more power. The 2.25" is a good size exhaust, unless you plan a HO conversion in the future, then you'll need to move up to 2.5". If that's what you plan on, get equal length headers, Mustang 2.5" h-pipe, 2.5" inlet/outlet performance mufflers(Flowmaster 40's, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Bullit Mufflers, whatever you prefer), and Impala tails. For now, get some better mufflers, the stock ones are very restricting. If you want a deep rumble 40's are a good choice. If you want loud, go with glasspacks. But the exhaust will never be very loud unlees you remove or gut the cats. If you need them to pass emissions testing, you can get high-flow cats, I think Magnaflow make universal high-flow cats.

Comment

alright that sounds real good, im glad i joined this forum there is a lot of useful information and helpful people

Comment

Actually, i'm one of the least knowledgable people on this site. Others like Scott(lincolnmania), Thain(gadget73), Mike(Mr.LTD), Ivan(MeLikeyStripperChicks), Eric(88grandmarq), Pete(85crownHPP), Epi(1987LTDMasta, his car is at the top, POTM), Jeremy(Boxman), Justin(Phayzer5), Turbo2256b, Jon(Grandpaslincoln), OVERKILL,Johnnie(Blaze86Vic) are just a few of the people who know more than I do about these cars. Just thought i'd introduce you to the mangs. And my name is Daniel, like it says in my sig.

Comment

lol im Ben by the way, and u seem like u kno quite a lot, i kno a little more about chevys than i do about fords but i got a ford so i wanna learn more and do more, its gonna be fun

Comment

by the way, if i do convert it to a HO, i kno u suggested 2.5" pipes but would my 2.25" be enough or would i have to go bigger?

Comment

2.25" would be fine for a basic HO conversion. That's the stock Mustang exhaust diameter.

BTW welcome to GMN.
                          Nick
                          88 Colony Park LS
                          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
                            2.25" would be fine for a basic HO conversion. That's the stock Mustang exhaust diameter.

BTW welcome to GMN.
                            o ok good, i dont kno if i for sure will be converting it but just in case, but thanks

Comment

'89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Working...
                              X