Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio

Hey mang's :-D.Is there any way i can put a wiring harnese thingy.. ( You know the thing you plug in and out of normaly from the radio/cd player...) back onto my striped out wires??!??!!! Im really getting tired of them wires.. At first when i first bought the car it was Eh.. But now is ARGG>!

Thanks Mang;s

O and if you dont know what im talking about let me know :-D.

Dark...
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

sure you can - find one a crimp it back on
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

If you're not re-installing a stock radio, I wouldn't bother. The 85's wiring is not compatible with an aftermarket stereo, so you wont be able to use any of that stuff anyway. If its just to plug a stock radio back in, snag one from a junkyard and use crimp connectors like Pete suggested.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

:-? Humm ok, so what be my best bet for putting in a after market cd player then? Just leave them striped?

I had yoinked a digi stero out yesterday, and noticed it had more wires coming out of it then my harness suported :-( but it was busted radio anyways :-/

But that drew my concern of the wires... if i have to many What do i do with the extras?
        People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

o and whille im down there.. ) umm, how does the wiring go for the ash tray ( cig lighter, And light bulb.) Neither are working now, And these are the wires i got..

One is a blue boot type thing .. (You know like the one that goes on the cfi hocky puck looking thingy.) And i got two black lines.. they both been cut and are striped.. Im guessing it's suposed to be one line.. but.. I dunno..

They Boot line i got pluged into the cig lighter back was the only place i could see it going.. The black line i have no idea of where it goes.. :-( Yea i know i suck dont i ).

Any ways am i missing anything? ooo, theres one more line. i forget what color but its going to the light bulb... Which reminds me one end of that black line comes from there as well..

Ugha, well i hope i didnt confused you guys to much with my three lines )

Just trying to save a buck :-P.. ( gots a c-note to spend at the auto electricale shop and i wont it to go towards my windows :-D)

Comment

Just run all new speaker wires and unplug the factory wiring from the speakers. You can still use the factory leads for power if you want.

Blue with the boot should plug into the center of the cig lighter, black ones are grounds and usually have those flat push-on terminals like speakers use. There should be a place to connect that on the side of the cig ligher socket. Probably the same goes for the light. Don't own a Vic though so not 100% sure whats in there.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

This is correct! One of the black wires used to have a female spade terminal that plugs onto the outer ring of the cig lighter. You should be able to just crimp one on and it should work fine. As long as it had ground, the ashtray light should come on when you turn on the parking lights.

As for the stereo wiring - You will need only two of the factory ones for your head unit - the constant power and the switched (when you turn on the ignition) power. One is red and one is yellow, or organge and yellow, but Im pretty sure yellow is the switched wire, and should be thicker.
              Then run your own ground wire to the tabs under the dash or any chassis point.
              Then run your own speaker wires cuz thats the way its gotta be! tape off any extra wires and be done.
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Ok :-D, theres a crimp on the back of the cig lighter ima try to loosen it and re use it ), i just noticed it. Soo... where does the black line comin from the light go? Just any where to ground yes?

Thanks agines mang's :-D

Dark

Comment

Ok, I gots the light bulb workin :-D, but the cig lighter still isnt working, i took the crimp off and... spliced the black negative wire to the wire that was on the crimp.. Put it back on, and nada..

The blue boot also didnt show any fire going to it.. So im guessing thats it. Now to just trace it down )

Thanks agine mangs :-D

Comment

check the fuse there mmm hmm
                    sigpic

Comment

behind the ash tray and center part of the dash, there is a block that is installed that is used for ground. you have to pull the underside of the dash off on the driver side and look back there. that is where i crimped some wire plugs on to some of the electricals i did in my car. there is like 2 rows of 8 i think that have the terminals to slide a connector to. it is a perfect ground area back there, and coulnt believe i dint have to find another area.
                      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

O did i fail to mention Pete mang was right.. Agine! ) I love it... it needed a 30fuse.. had a 20 in it or something all melted ))

Comment

Working...
                        X