Dang Electrical Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang Electrical Draw

It only goes away when I pull the #12 fuse under the dash. That controls all the power accessories, lighting module, seats, windows, power locks, mirrors and stuff like that. Every day the battery is drawn down. I'm sick of this and can't find the issue. THe only two things that do not work are the passenger rear window regulator and the drivers front door jamb switch. Any more ideas or testing techniques?
    "Owning a 9-second Import is like coming out of the closet.... At first it may be surprising, but in the end, you're still gay!"

www.myspace.com/nascarmechanic

Is it something silly like a glovebox light or trunk light being on? Do you have a trunk sucker that might have a stuck switch? What happens if you unplug the DS door switch? It might be shorted inside and causing just enough voltage leak to drain the battery slowly.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I 2nd that, My old S-10 would drain for no reason and the underhood light stayed on.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Working...
      X