390 question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

390 question?

What bellhousing bolt pattern does this thing have? Im gonna need a transmission for this thing when it goes in my capri.
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

FE motors have there own unique bell housing bolt pattern. 330, 352, 360, 390, 410, 427, 428 all have the same pattern.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks thats amazingly stupid? I think GM had a better idea. One pattern for every motor, that way things just fit.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I agree gadget. It is stupid. Engine comes with tranny but its 4wd. I have all the parts for the 4wd swap but the t case. So tempting.
        1989 Grand Marquis LS
        flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

4wd swap? as in into the Merc? if so DO-IT, I want to do it but I have 0 funds to try and fabricate anything.
          Resident diesel addict

Comment

Well, it is a merc, but a mercury capri. As for the 4wd swap into a panther. Ive almost got all the plans for that figured out. Pretty much a bolt in deal really.
            1989 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_Pride
              Well, it is a merc, but a mercury capri. As for the 4wd swap into a panther. Ive almost got all the plans for that figured out. Pretty much a bolt in deal really.

For the swap, are you talkin bolting the panther body onto a truck frame? Cuz I have both a 4WD F-150 and a FullSize Bronco that I could use as donors. I think a 4WD Panther would be absolutely insane

The Admiral

Comment

Nope. Im talkin 4wd axles and t case in panther frame.
                1989 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

UM ok Im unsure about this...I close my eye's and step back and turn to run away.
                  YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Yeah I was talking about the Marquis, That's awsome. If you decide to do it please make a "how-to" and all that which I'm sure you would since I would be soon to follow.
                    Resident diesel addict

Comment

Working...
                    X