• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you think these headers will fit?

http://www.fordpowertrain.com/Headers.htm

edit

the above pic is for a 66-67 fairlane

at the bottom of the chart, they have a listing for the 78-79 bronco's, and one of the product notes states that they will only work on an auto tranny. will the bronco headers fit better than the fairlane headers? unfortunately there is no pic for the bronco's and the bronco's are try-y and the fairlanes are shorties
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

[Fat Bastard]
    Mmmmmmaybe...
    [/Fat Bastard]

But what's so wrong with using mustang shorties? Or are we talking for a non-5.0 engine? As I recall, 78-79 Bronco's were the 351/400M, not a C or W variant.

Comment

this is for my 429 project. ithat link listed for the bronco's 429/460.

hmmmm
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

That carburator looks expensive.

Comment

I have talked to these guys in length about a previous 460 CV project of mine....they are right up the road from me, and they were going to send me some test-fit headers...(same bends, but unusable)...the fun is getting a set to clear the steering shaft. Call them, they might also send you a test-fit set. they do art..not headers, so you will get a good set from them.

Something else to ponder....you are going to SERIOUSLY need to beef up that rear end, if not just switch to a 9" outright...my '87 CV wagon that I was doing regular 100+ mph trips in(Portland, Oregon, to Bend, Oregon, in only two hours), the 8.8 housing kept breaking ring gear caps..even after getting two other housings, and getting them set up by different people. This was before I discovered that there was a rear diff cover that could preload the caps...I do see at least a 31-spline axle set in your future, also....

Comment

Working...
          X