Vacuum Diagrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Diagrams

Hi, my name is John. I am new here, and I have a 1986 Crown Vic with a 302 cubic inch engine. I need help. I just did an engine swap on it. Right now I am trying to figure out why it is running so horribly. So on friday, it ran long enough for me to hear a sucking sound from behind the plenum. I can't find it. I think I may have hooked up the lines wrong so I was wondering if anybody had a vacuum diagram for this car, so I can fix it and be done with it! And would a vacuum leak give off codes to a scanner such as having to do with the Throttle Positioning Sensor, or the Coolant Temperature Sensor, or the MAP Sensor?
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I NEED HELP!

Hi, John. First off, welcome to GMN! You'll really enjoy yourself here. As for your problem, my recommendation would be to get an EVTM (Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual). That will have all the vacuum diagrams in it that you could ever want, and it'll come in handy for lots of other problems too. If you use eBay, you can usually find one on there for 15 or 20 bucks.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Thanks. I will let you know. I hope I can get it all worked out.

Comment

Thanks. I will let you know. I hope I can get it all worked out.

Comment

you might have just missed one if the vacuum post hiding under the plenum, or a hose came off, or an old hose cracked. If you cant get diagrams just look for problems and spray TB cleaner arond things. if it gets sucked up the idle will change.

And yes, a vacuum problem could cause a MAP cade since its fed a vacuum source, and if its not getting vacuum it would run horrible or not at all.
          I dont think any of the other codes are vac related - TPS out of range is common maybe try to adjust it. The CTS could be bad as well, its cheap and easy to replace.

What kind of swap did you do?
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I swaped a 302 from an 88 T-Bird. I used all of my Crown Vic Accessories so it fit just like it would if it were the original.

Comment

ok - probably just a bad leak cuasing the probelms. Do you have a diagram on your vacuum shroud?
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I'll have to check back with you. The cars not here. It's at my school.

Comment

PCV, main vac line, Fuel pressure regulator and canister purge all are under the manifold.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                  X