Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynomax Super Turbos

Quick question:

What diameter mufflers should I get -- the 2 1/2" inlet/outlet or 2 1/4" inlet/outlet? Does it really matter?

This will be running with cat-less mustang H-pipe. Thanks.

------------------------
    Justin

2 1/2" The Mustang offroad H-Pipe should be 2 1/2"

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
      1 1/2" The Mustang offroad H-Pipe should be 1 1/2"
      I meant 2 1/2".

Sorry. Fixed original post.

Comment

Is there a certain size (length/width) that any of you guys are running? I'm going to be ordering from Summit. Don't know which part number to choose.

Comment

On my t-bird (all that mustang crap is direct fit, mostly) I used 2 1/2 inch mufflers. Where I made the mistake, though, is I got offset/center mufflers. I need to get Offset/offset to run tailpipes.

Comment

I need to get Offset/offset
            That's what I was watching for when I was looking at summit.

I'm pretty sure these are the ones I'm getting: Part #WLK-17734

----------------------
            Justin

Comment

good muffler choice! Scott's towncar sound beautiful with those mufflers..
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Thought of another question:

-- What diameter exhaust should be run out back behind the mufflers? I don't have the car here so I don't know what stock pipe size is (2 inch?). I was thinking of running 2 1/4" out the back after the mufflers and having them hidden just behind the bumper with a slightly turned down angle.

----------------
                Justin

Comment

like this?

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

i run 2 2.25" midpipes napa part number 43281 with 2 napa 4670 midpipe flanges
                    get two dynomax super turbos part number 17732
                    either have 2 custom 2.25" tailpipes bent and installed, or use 2 stock tailpipes with two reducer bushings (sorry i dont have the part number)
                    also you will need 2 o2 sensors with longer harnesses.......what i did was save the plugs off the old 02's and i spliced the old plugs to these new sensors with solder and shrink tubing
                    bosch (from pep boys) bio 13953
                    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Re: Dynomax Super Turbos

Originally posted by monterey1962
                      Quick question:

What diameter mufflers should I get -- the 2 1/2" inlet/outlet or 2 1/4" inlet/outlet? Does it really matter?

This will be running with cat-less mustang H-pipe. Thanks.

------------------------
                      Justin
                      It might be a good idea to get a 2 1/4 off-road H-pipe instead....Hooker sells one through Summit, but it might only be available now through an entire exhaust kit (not a bad idea, actually, as you also need the Cat-muffler connector pipes)...I think the exhaust system kit runs around $167....minus mufflers.

Comment

It might be a good idea to get a 2 1/4 off-road H-pipe instead.
                        Too late. I already have two 2 1/2" H-pipes setting in the garage. One w/ and one w/o cats.

-----------------
                        Justin

Comment

Working...
                        X