Wheel exchange info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel exchange info

This may already exist here somewhere, but I have an idea. I want to replace the wheels on my TC with some off of another Ford. My plan is to pick up some 16" steelies from a GM or CV.

However, what if my best deal would be some Ranger or Explorer wheels (in theory)? It would be nice if there was a chart, maybe on a sticky, that would inform us what other Ford vehicle, and what year make and model, you could use rims from. And if they aren't an exact fit, what size spacers etc. you would need.

It could be broken down into exact replacement size, widened stance applications, Mustang and Truck wheels, etc. Just an idea. This is sometimes difficult info to find on your own, and I'd like to know what my options are without killing myself if there are already others on here who know it and would like to share.

Thanks!

Wes
    Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
    Bone stock... for now.

What you're talking about exists to a degree in the suspension forum, but not with all the details you're talking about. Sounds like a good idea.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Yes, there is some basic info on wheel swaps, but not in depth.

Get the info together and I'll be happy to add it.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

i got 3 and andy needs one, so i got 2, so yea ve done a ton of investigating on te 16 inchers wheelies

Comment

Working...
        X