Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustang parts -- questions

I found a guy parting out a '91 LX.

1. He'll only sell the rear-end as a whole. It has a trac-lock and 3.50 gears What do you think would be a reasonable price for the entire rear-end? The problem here is that I don't have the room to keep a whole rear-end that I won't have a use for and I don't want to spend more cash than necessary just to get a trac-lock and possibly 3.50 gears when I just got 3.27's.

2. He also has the entire upper/lower intake, throttle body, and injectors for the H.O. Again, reasonable price range? The problem here being that it's from a manual transmission car. This also leaves the computer worthless to me.

3. I'm still waiting on the other guy who might have a '87/'88 Mark VII that I can take all I need out of (engine/computer/etc.). I'd rather get this because it'd be a single whole deal -- no running and hunting for parts. I would also be able to build a seperate engine, eliminating Super Unknowns' down-time for engine replacement.

4. Damnit.

----------------------------
    Justin

I would check corral.net for a used trac-lok

End of problem. lol
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

What does he want for the rear? If you could get the whole thing for not much over $200, you could strip it down and sell the bare housing pretty easily on E-Bay to get some of your money back.

Comment

check ebay or corral.net for a used trac lock........or if you can wait a few weeks, i have one in a 86 mark 7 i need to strip
        i wouldnt pay more than 150 for the ho conversion parts......if you are in no rush, i could gather some of this stuff for you, but it prob wont be till early march
        scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Scott, I may just take you up on your offer. I'm not in a rush unless the '88 craps out on me any time soon. I'm still waiting to hear from the guy with the '87 LSC here in town. I'll find out what's gonna happen on this end and let you know. Thanks.

-----------------------
          Justin

Comment

Working...
          X