No sound in frt speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound in frt speakers

Well i finaly installed a cd player but i still have no sound out the front speakers just the rear, was the same way before i put the cd player in, i thought it just might be the old sterieo,, anyway would that be my factory amplifyer that could be causing this problem??

Do you have a known good speaker you can wire in at the front temporarily to see if the signal is getting up there?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

well all my frt speakers worked when i first had the car, ill hook up a nother speaker tomorow to see

Comment

Yeah, if the speaker you hook up works, then you need new speakers; if not, you may have a wiring problem and should troubleshoot it accordingly. Try to hook up the speaker directly at the head unit (or at the external amp if you're using one) and see if the speaker works there. If not, then I'd say you've got a head unit/amp problem.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

yea it's wired into my factory amp

Comment

when i wired my old mans radio in rhe 85 colony park, had the same prob, and my first attempt to wire a radio in my 81 i had only one side working, so i came to realize that rewire aint that hard and the sound is great too!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Doors or dash? My door speakers didn't work at first cause of corrosion. Once clean they worked fine as 24yo speakers can.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

You gotta bypass the factory amp dude, Premium sound sucks that way. I like my premium sound tho.
                '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

is there a way to bypass the amp without having to run new wire's?

Comment

Crutchfield sells a plug for it yea.
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

sweet, ill have to get one,, thanks mang

Comment

Working...
                      X