Panther Tips Book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panther Tips Book?

This is an idea I've been turning over in my head for awhile. I was thinking it would be cool if we could compile a small book with information in it about how to do the common conversions people like to do on boxes, like HO conversions, big brake swap, steering upgrades, etc. Kind of like some of the writeups on the site, but with all the details and a step by step process. Then the book could be sold in the GMN store.

Thoughts?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

hmmm... i think thats a good idea

Comment

Sounds good to me.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I think that's a great idea. You don't know how long I scratched my head trying to sort some of these things out on my own, and the books I've seen apply directly only to Mustangs.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

that is an interesting idea...I like it.
          but what to call it?...hmm.
          "Panther Performance"?
          "Panther Tips"?
          "5.slo to 5.GO"?
          "L.Y.R.E.(Land Yacht Rocket Engines)"?

Ch. 1: So, you bought a Panther and want it to smoke Mustangs.

and so on...

-Colin
          sigpic
          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Introduction:

Welcome to the infinitely possible world of the Ford Panther chassis. The first step in tuning your Panther is to realize that your stock 302 motor means absolutely crap in your two-ton car. You must learn that you cannot gloat about your "Mustang-powered-tank" in its current state...Only then can you truly begin to tune your Panther.

sigpic
            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis
              You must learn that you cannot gloat about your "Mustang-powered-tank" in its current state...
              Cleverly put. Perhaps the most crucial point for new Panther owners!
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I agree.

Wow, some of you people could be pretty good with this!
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Well, I'd be willing to help with the writing portion if someone else can put together the technical information and pictures. I think a lot of people would find it valuable.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I can get the tech info
                    R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
                    Originally posted by MeanVic84
                    Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by importssuck
                      I can get the tech info
                      You mostly specialize in 4.6 stuff, don't you? That's fine if you do; we can have a section on 4.6 PI head swaps and such in addition to the 5.0 stuff.

Comment

I say we need a real tech section - devoted pages with pictures by an author and not random threads buried in the archives.

With the tech section completed properly, we would have most of the information for a book!
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Good idea, Tiggie. We just need someone to do some more writeups. We don't seem to have a big brake swap writeup, or a steering gear upgrade writeup, or...do we have an HO swap writeup? I know we've got info on it, but has there ever been a step-by-step type thing? That's really what I've got in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie
                            I say we need a real tech section - devoted pages with pictures by an author and not random threads buried in the archives.
                            working on it....at least the design/setup part. Everyone else will have to cover the actual tech info

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                            1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                            1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Originally posted by FatNasty
                              working on it....at least the design/setup part. Everyone else will have to cover the actual tech info

Sweet, sounds good.
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                              X