Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richmond, VA Meet (March 3rd, VA Motorsport Park)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richmond, VA Meet (March 3rd, VA Motorsport Park)

*UPDATE*
    Virginia Motorsports Park, March 3rd
    Directions from I-95
    *UPDATE*

I figured I'd go ahead and make a post here since I'd like to see this happen!

Blaze86Vic suggested we have a Richmond Dragway Meet.
    85crownHPP* suggested we do a junkyard morning/dragstrip evening event.
    89LincolnTWNcar suggested the meet to take place between March 3 and March 11, AKA Spring Break for most colleges and universities.

Blaze also suggested "Dinwiddie," which I assume is Virginia Motorsports Park.
    Pete then said Chesterfield's Auto Parts was the junkyard.

Richmond Dragway is about 30 minutes (per Mapquest) from Chesterfield's, Virginia Motorsports Park is about 40 minutes.

Richmond Dragway is having a "Weekly Racing Program" on Sunday, March 4 and 11.

Virginia Motorsport Park is having "Opening Day/Test & Tune" on Saturday, March 3. They are also having "Spring Open/T&T/NHRA Chassis Certs" on March 10 and 11.

I don't know the hours of Chesterfield's, but I think Pete said they are open until 4 or 5pm on Sundays, and I'd assume Saturdays too.

Links of Interest:
    Chesterfield Auto Parts
    Virginia Motorsport Park
    Richmond Dragway

Okay guys now it's your turn!

I'm in!
    Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 02-20-2007, 01:02 AM.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

I think that test and tune is the day we wanna be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
      I think that test and tune is the day we wanna be there.

I was thinking the same thing. So you guys wanna go ahead and plan for Virginia Motorsports Park? We need to call and get their hours.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

sounds good I might be up for that

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

County ordinance is no engine starts till 9am. So at least that late. One thing to consider is price and the crowd. Might be better to do the track from 9am to noon-1pm. Then do the yard run, and go somewhere to eat after that. I'll try and remember to give them a call soon. But if someone else wants to that'd be good. I'm gonna be out all weekend getting my car back on the road, and then studying for a test on Monday.

Comment

I wouldnt mind coming down that way i havent been to Chesterfields in a few years now....They have great prices..
            The Best
            Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

hell yeah man we can put the maurauder on the track!!!
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I will call VA Motorsports Park tomorrow morning and ask them what would be best, to race in the morning or the afternoon?

Unless one of you wants to do one before the other? I'm just thinking we may get more pulls if we get there before the crowd does. Either way it'll be fun. I'm only looking to go one or two rounds.

Comment

I'm not sure I'm even gonna run mine on the track. Something about running a mid-18 second time just makes me wanna hold of on that venture. Of course if it's pretty cheap, I'll run her once or twice.

Ask them about how the weather affects the events, too.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Gates open at 9am, racing starts at 10am.

Weather effects it like any other track. If it rains and they can't dry the track in time, they shut it down.

We need a contingency plan. If it does rain, are we gonna cancel for another day?

Comment

With the Test n Tune being only on that Saturday, it's a tough call, and considering the reason many of us will be able to come (Spring Break) only make the decision harder.

Racing in rain is off, but the junkyard would still be open. Junkyard is the rain isn't the funnest, but I have a raincoat .

It doesn't matter to me.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

I'm gonna be in Virginia on the 10th. What a cowinkedink! Won't have teh Link though, we'll be rolling in teh stupid Sable. Anywho, may be able to catch you guys, I'll check my route and see if I'll be that way on my trip.
                        Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                        Bone stock... for now.

Comment

I'm in Virginia Beach, so if you roll buy, just give me a shout.

Comment

Well I'm going to be there at a little before 9am so I can get some breakfast. Time for cell# exchange.

Comment

so we have a day set??? wazzit is???
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                              X