modifying an '83 grand marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modifying an '83 grand marquis

I have a stock 5.0L V8 CFI engine in my grand marquis. i want to give this baby more power! i had an 86 with the 5.0L EFI which proved to be more powerful. the tranny and block were replaced a few years before i bought the car. what could i do to give this machine more power?? i've had suggestions to install hearers/dual exhaust, replace the intake manifold with a mustang HO, replace the roller cam, or should seek a larger engine...i've see a 351 windsor up for grabs...PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO!!!

thanx!!
    kev
    Eat your Spinach and floss your teeth

Best bang for the buck is the 351w.

I am going that route, and I have a CFI (soon to be carbd) 302. CFI is shit.

Also, you have a CFI motor, not an EFI, so the mustang intake wint work, unless you convert to EFI (not fun)

I would just rip that stupid CFI off, and throw a 2bbl on, like im doing.

your EEC-III/Duraspark ignition will work good with a carb, just make sure to get one for 81 or 82 t-bird with an AOD trans and a 302. I have yet to see hw this setup will run. But I shouldnt have any problems. I already have dual exhaust, so Im all good.

Also, you have a non-roller cam block.

Welcome to GMN!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Also, CFI sucks! :yuck:
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Explorer motor, cam, Stealth intake

or 351W

Either way, exhaust and gears are a must.

Comment

Yea get the 351, theres no replacement for displacement. Get a cam, heads intake and a good 4 barel and you should be set.
          Xander

1987 ford mustang

the Camaro isn\'t around anymore because it was a poorly built POS that only big hair rocker wanna-be\'s bought.

Donate a 351

I dont give a shit what you have to say

Comment

Working...
          X