Wiring analog to digital dash on a 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring analog to digital dash on a 94

I have a 94 grand marquis with the analog dash and i went and pulled a digital from the same model and year, but the plugs dont match up. I was wondering how I could get this to work? Some people told me to get the hard wire diagram for both cars and match up the wires. They said go to ford and try to talk them into it. Anyone have these here or have done this on my model of panther? Appreciate the help
    =embharris
    AIM: Embharris1984
    Looking for Polished steel or chrome rocker panel set for a \'94

You will need some custom wiring or complete donor wire hranesses for sure, and I think a whole slew of special digital sensors (for starters)to make it all work.
    Maybe dRock96 might know something about this....?
    Last edited by 85crownHPP; 02-11-2007, 04:09 AM.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Oh, it's definitely do-able. But you're gonna need to rewire a good portion of your instrumentation harnesses to make it semi-functional. Meaning speed, fuel level, volt and basic trip computer functions.

For full functionality, you're going to need to run some wires/sensors for outside temperature (-94 digi only), door jamb switch(es) (tap to exisiting wiring @ KEM), windshield washer fluid level sensor, coolant temp sensor (the one for gauge, not PCM (-97), Speed Control active lead, trunk ajar wiring and a 92-94 CV/GM digi-dash trunk latch, and to the PCM for fuel usage info

....among other wiring tidbits (warning lamp module, message center control module)

Or you could get an entire 92-94 CV/GM (93-94 have TCS wiring, 92 doesn't though - keep that in mind) body harness and plug it all in. (save trunk ajar)

You will also need a new dash bezel - the digi dash has a unique bezel with the spots for the warnign lamp module and MC switches. This can only be sourced from a 92-94 CV/GM

You'll rarely find this in the correct color - so also look into some interior paint to color-match it.
      -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
      My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
      Modifications
      Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Yay you didn't sell your 94!
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

embharris (clever name, btw)

Are those 98-02 body side moldings?
          -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
          My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
          Modifications
          Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

D rock I couldnt tell ya. Bought the car about 2 years ago now, and asked the guy if it were in an accident and he said no. but the steering wheel is different color. The dash had been taking apart and put back together sloppily, so I fixed that and the front end has brand new head lights and chrome grill. and the bumper looks like its a different color but only if you stare for an hour after waxing, lol. So im not to sure man, I would like to know some info about my own car. lol
            =embharris
            AIM: Embharris1984
            Looking for Polished steel or chrome rocker panel set for a \'94

Comment

Sounds easier to buy another car with digital dash.

Comment

Working...
              X