no heat, need help quick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no heat, need help quick...

the car i got has no heat. it just blows cold. the car is a 1990 CV w/ automatic climate control. where is the vacuum line located at under the dash and would i have to remove the glove box to get to it?
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

If it's like an 86, take out the stops located on each side of the glovebox. There are two screws that you undo from indside the box for each stop. Just support the box so it doesn't fling down when you remove the stops. This should give you all the access you need to that vac. line you have to pull and plug. Hope that helps you some.
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

thanx, i will mess with it before i go to work and hopefully have heat. i know that it isnt because of it being low on coolant since i pulled the cap and it overflowed. so i am guessing there is another problem like the vac line, or something closing up the heater core. the tripod gauge shows it only getting to 160*F. so i know it is flowing right. i need to figure out how to get my tach to work in the car since all gauges work except the tach. i have things i need to get done on the car and they are nickel and dime things but can be done.

Comment

i didnt have to drop the box. long fingers help
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I can pull those hoses while driving anymore. I've done it so many times I know where they are without looking lol.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the cold-hot setting switch feels really loose and it doesnt make a difference where it is set to. how hard is it to remove and reconnect that lever? it is blowing warmer air than outside, but i can still see my breath. the heater core hoses are warm also so i am guessing the lever that controls the heat isnt connected.

Comment

Not too hard, just have to pull the climate control head unit. Should be just a matter of pulling the trim around the radio and removing the couple of screws holding the climate control unit in place. It could also be disconnected at the interior temperature sensor which is located above the glove box. Dash pad has to come off to access it.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i know the that I'm female, but when I had my 62 ford i had no heat and the only thing i had to do was change the coolant in the car.. just a thought..
                RIP DENNIS BARTLETT 1-13-2009

Comment

teh heater core hoses are hot, i am just trying to figure out why the damn heat dont work. the radio is above the ash tray, and the climate controls are up highjust under the digital clock. i just want some damn heat. i found 3 canisters. i pulled all the vac lines off 1 at a time. still nothing. 2 canisters are under the ashtray area, and found another under/behind the glovebox. the one i found under the glove box works the door. i need to get heat since its too damn cold.

Comment

ok....here is what i found out...all settings work except for the floor and floor/defrost. i pulled the climate controls and everything is together inside....does anybody have a picture of what the hell i am looking for??? i ned heat and it is tooooo cold to be without the heater. the heater core lines under the hood are heating up, but no heat is blowing in the car. there is 4 valve things i found. 1 on the driver side, 1 on the passenger side, and 2 under the center of the dash behind the ashtray. i know somebody can help. the 1 on the passenger side behind/under the glovebox works the flapper so does anybody have any ideas???

Comment

does somebody have a picture of what the thermal switch or whatever its called? i cant seem to find it or what is causing my problem. i am hopeing to get this done myself, but if i cant i am gonna have to suffer and take it to a dealer. all i know is that w/ the snow, it sucks since i need to warm up the car and thaw the windows. this is really beginning to piss me off i would just like to have some damn heat and would appredciate any help on getting it to work. the damn car is pushing my last nerve.

Comment

this car has pushed me to my limit. it about put me in the ditch since the fuckin heat doesnt work, and my hands are numb by the time i got home. i am about to say the hell with it and get rid of all the cars except Baby. she at least still somewhat moves, and HAS HEAT. this white car is pissing me off and i have tried what you guys said. why the fuck cant the god damned heat work. i aqm about to cut the fuckin plastic and get a fan to blow on the heater core for some kind of heat. this car will be hacked up by the time i get some kind of heat. windows fogging, hands numb, and windows freezing....i feel real fuckin safe behind the wheel of this car....N O T ! ! !

Comment

settle down beavis
                          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Thermal blower lockout is located in one of the heater hoses, should be about 1/2 way back on the passenger side valve cover. Unplug the electrical connector and jumper it. Problem solved. You didn't say the blower wasn't coming on, only that it was blowing cold air Thermal blower affects ONLY the fan and ONLY on floor position. Hot air will blow out of the defrost and the vent if on those positons even if the blower lockout is shot.

Comment

i am not getting heat thru any of the settings...i will try the jumper thing and see what happens. thanx for the help....cant wait to see if it heats up. i know on the tripod gauges it reads the engine gets to 180*F but no heat in the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X