New Here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here....

....but I am a member of a couple other panther sites. I've had my MGM for about 7 months now and love it. I traded my 98 MGM for it. I had gone to the dealer looking for a used pick-up, and ended up driving this one out. I couldn't pass up the 10k discounts and the 3k they gave me for my old car. Anyways, I have since gotten rid of the grandpa hubcaps and put some aftermarket wheels on (with the whitewalls in on the tires ), and added a dual exhaust system. Sounds great and added some needed power!

Speaking of adding needed power, what is everyones opinion of putting a p-71 airbox on my car? Specifically, will it effect my warranty? Don't want to have a problem at the dealer if I should need warranty service!

Here is a quick picture, just after I had the wheels installed!
    Attached Files
    2006 MGM GS Convenience Leather, Power Pedals,
    Traction Control, Fog Lights, Sirius Satellite Radio, MagnaFlow dual exhaust...

1992 Ford Taurus LX, winter beater, drag kids around car

Looks good, mang! Welcome!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

i do believe the p71 airbox will fit, shouldnt void your warranty.....i doubt they would even notice lol
      welcome to gmn!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Welcome!
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Nice merc!!!
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yeah, they probably won't notice at all. Those wheels look like they just barely cleared those brakes! They look great on the car though, nice choice! And welcome to GMN!

Comment

Good looking merc!

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
              1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
              1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

OMG What is that color?! Beautiful car!! That's the best '06?+ I've seen yet
                '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

:stupid:

Beautiful car, and welcome!

Comment

That is beautiful car man! Love the rims... really set if off. Oh, the color too, lol. Welcome!
                    1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Come to think of it, that color isn't too far off from the Minnesota maroon they use on state highway patrol cars...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

The color is Dark Toreador Red. I would have originally preferred black, but the salesman gave be some :bs: about how they rarely see any GM in black and if they do it is always an LS, not a GS. I was about to call him on it when he took me over to see this one, and I was sold. I wish it had the dark charcoal interior instead of the tan interior. The tan does look nice, but it shows dirt WAAAYYY too easy, especially with 3 kids. Thus the reason for the Taurus now! The GM only gets out, for the most part, when the kids are at school! LOL

Thanks for all the compliments! It's nice to hear from people that can appreciate what fine cars these are!
                        2006 MGM GS Convenience Leather, Power Pedals,
                        Traction Control, Fog Lights, Sirius Satellite Radio, MagnaFlow dual exhaust...

1992 Ford Taurus LX, winter beater, drag kids around car

Comment

A p71 air box is the same as civilian. A marauder air box is a whole nother story tho.
                          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

nice mang welcome

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

If you're looking for more power, you want a Marauder airbox and tune. You may want to look into other things like a shiftkit and lower gears. Those won't increase power but will increase acceleration. And if you want to go the extra mile you can put straight pipes where your cats are and get O2 eliminators, if your state doesn't do sniffer tests. None of this comes cheap, keep that in mind, but most people think it's worth forkin over the money for. And welcome to GMN mang, you'll love it here.
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                              X