My '63 Galaxie that I sold to buy a Ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '63 Galaxie that I sold to buy a Ranger

This is the 1963 Ford Galaxie 500 Club Victoria that I sold to buy my Ranger five years ago.

This car was bought for $200 at the local city impound lot. The owner didn't pay within 30 days, and it was mine(with clear title). It had been generally abused by the old owner, who obviously didn't care for it. I think the used it as a playground for his kids, it had lots of toys and kids stuff in it when I bought it. It had been cared for by someone at sometime, because the paint was original, except for the front fenders and hood which had been replaced at some point and time.

It was equipped with a 390-4bbl, 3-speed manual, heater, clock, AM radio, backup lights, and deluxe seat belts front and back (the rear seat belts are very very rare). It also had factory bumper guards(front and rear) and a factory hoodpiece, which are not intalled on the car in the pictures (they were in the garage for safe keeping). Galaxie Fans know that those are pretty valuable pieces as well. It also had two-tone paint, which you really can't tell because it was a cream lower and an off-white top.

Forgive the picture quality, I took these pictures when I was 12, probably with disposible camera.

Learning to drive on a big car with a big block and a manual and 120 on the speedo makes driving a stock box dull.

Last edited by Tiggie; 02-15-2007, 01:24 AM.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

My grandpa had a '63 Galaxie that he bought brand new. 4 door sedan, 4 bbl 390, auto tranny, factory AC. I want a 4 door '63 Galaxie in the worst way, now...

Yours looked good, btw. Too bad you had to sell it.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I got $1000 out of it when I sold it. I thought that was pretty good. The whole car was rough, you could have never restored it. The motor ran good but that's about all that was good about it.

Plus I was able to convince the same guy that bought it to my the old '64 1/2 Mustang Bondo Bucket I had at the same time. It had a good door, and most of the correct '64 1/2 special parts, but that's about it. It didn't even run good. I had a kerosene jug with a gas line ran it it for a cheap fuel cell. He gave me $1000 for it too.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

wow... i want one!
        LTD is still here

Comment

My late grandfather had a 63 4 door with a 260 and 3 spd on the column. He hit someone with it and my gradmother got rear ended in it. After trading it in for a 1970 LTD Broughm, he got a call from the police. They recovered the Galaxie. He told them that it belonged to the dealership that he traded it in to.
          '03 300b MM (My pride and joy until 8/9/13 @129k)

Comment

You bought a car when you were 12?

Comment

the previous owner probably inherited it from a deceased parent/grandparent... I know of a cherry mint baby blue 81' grand marquis that met its end that way...

"hey mister, sell me that car" - "naw, Im giving it to my 15 year old grandson to drive..." :nonono:
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
              X