Upper Midwest mini-meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upper Midwest mini-meet

Nathan had mentioned this and I thought it was a good idea since the Midwest fellas can't all make it to SF this year. I want to hear from the other Midwest members on this. We need a time (preferably after SF) and a location (probably somewhere in MN). Should be a place centered enough so that the ND, NE, MN, and WI members would be able to make fairly equal length drives.

Well, as Justin said, I'm definitely up for it. The only problem is that the only racetrack I know of in MN is up north in Brainerd, so that would be out of the question. We do have a U-Pull in Rosemount, which is more southern IIRC (I've never been there) so if anyone wanted to go harvesting, that would be an option.

So who else is interested?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

*Ahem*

:bump:

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

There are two racetracks in the Minneapolis.St Paul metro area. Raceway Park in Shakopee (www.goreacewaypark.com) and Elko speedway south of MInneapoli sin Elko (www.elkospeedway.com) Raceway park races Sunday nights, Elko is Saturday nights. I am in Burnsville, about 10 miles south of Minneapolis. In the summer, there are cruises on the Midway in St. Paul on Friday and Saturday nights
        "Owning a 9-second Import is like coming out of the closet.... At first it may be surprising, but in the end, you're still gay!"

www.myspace.com/nascarmechanic

Comment

After SF will be harder for me, I will be back in school then. I got a month off between June and July that would be best for me. Throw out some dates then when the time gets closer it will be easier to tell.
          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

i would need to get my tudor running. but Baby would be running by then.
            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

I'd like to get in on this, but i'll probably be driving some POS, cuz i'm poor and I need whatever I can get my hands on, and Panthers don't come with manual transmissions. I'll need to know exactly when and where this will be if I have any chance of making it, cuz I may have a job by then.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
                After SF will be harder for me, I will be back in school then. I got a month off between June and July that would be best for me. Throw out some dates then when the time gets closer it will be easier to tell.
                I knew you midwesterners were a little different, but you have your own calandar too? Because on mine there's no month between June and July, they just kind of butt up to one another.
                Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
                  I'd like to get in on this, but i'll probably be driving some POS, cuz i'm poor and I need whatever I can get my hands on, and Panthers don't come with manual transmissions. I'll need to know exactly when and where this will be if I have any chance of making it, cuz I may have a job by then.
                  Doesn't matter what you're driving, Dan. You're still welcome to come.

Comment

someone kick him in the ass for me...
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by boXman
                      someone kick him in the ass for me...
                      Why don't you come out here and do it yourself toughguy?

Comment

Hey hey hey...keep teh flamewars out of our meet thread.

Comment

Sorry, i'll try to keep it on topic from now on.

Comment

Thanks mang. I know you didn't start it anyway, but...just best to keep it uncluttered.

Comment

Originally posted by FordInPossession
                              There are two racetracks in the Minneapolis.St Paul metro area. Raceway Park in Shakopee (www.goreacewaypark.com) and Elko speedway south of MInneapoli sin Elko (www.elkospeedway.com) Raceway park races Sunday nights, Elko is Saturday nights. I am in Burnsville, about 10 miles south of Minneapolis. In the summer, there are cruises on the Midway in St. Paul on Friday and Saturday nights
                              If you guys are talking about actually tracking your cars, our options are BIR and Rock Falls (1/4 mile), or Grove Creek (1/8 mile). Rock Falls is a complete shit hole, though, and I'd rather not make the drive. Grove Creek is only like an hour from the cities, and it's fun (although the track is a bit bumpy). I have driven in the spectator drags at Raceway before, and it's really risky because there's such a good chance of getting hit by the car you're racing. Also, they put down a compound that makes the track slippery, in order to slow things down; you end up spinning and sliding all over hell. Elko I know nothing about, but I'm sure it's similar to Raceway (they're both ovals).
                              Anyway, I've been known to hit the Midway quite frequently on summer weekends, and that would be a good place to meet up if people are more interested in just hanging out or whatever.
                              I was linked to this thread by someone on CVN, and figured I'd toss in my two cents' worth.
                              Oh yeah, I live in the Minneapolis area, and my DD is an '03 CVPI with some light mods and a (soon to be installed) 100 shot. Hola.

Comment

Working...
                              X