Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerMaster Products

http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/index.html
    Are PowerMaster products any good? I am needing, well wanting, a new alternator. Just wondering if anyone has heard bad reports on these products or has had any experience with them?

PWM-8-57140 140 Amp Powermaster Alt [black finish] $200 shipped
    Could get chrome finish for $60 more, !@$# that.

PWM-47759 200 Amp Powermaster Alt [Natural Finish] $330 shipped

I need lots of power for my amplifiers, I also plan on upgrading to an Orion 2500D and adding an 18" in the trunk. http://tcsounds.com/tc5200.htm I would give it about 8 cubic feet. Upgrading my sub will probably happen next fall when I get my PellGrant check for school.

The 200 amp alternator is tempting. I have already upgraded my battery cables and grounds to 1/0 and ran 1/0 to the trunk to my amps.

Used them in a friends 70 Challenger with 1500 watt amp. Had a dual battery set up with a with a marine style chage splitter. One battery for starting the 750 HP 440 and the other deep cycle batter for a stero. Also had a huge condencer to store power for the stereo.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Posted in your thread on CVN...
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Yeah, have one in the chevelle, works great.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b
          Used them in a friends 70 Challenger with 1500 watt amp. Had a dual battery set up with a with a marine style chage splitter. One battery for starting the 750 HP 440 and the other deep cycle batter for a stero. Also had a huge condencer to store power for the stereo.
          I believe you mean a Capacitor. If you put a condenser on a stereo, all the freon would escape!
          2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Condensor is another term for capacitor. Not used much, but it's still correct. Most often you hear it used in reference to ignition systems (ignition condensor).

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

New to me.

Oh well, Power Master stuff is really good. Most of the shops around here use them a LOT!
              2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Capacitors only work to a certain extent. They discharge very fast. I have considered a closed cell battery in the trunk though. Would I need an iso regulator?

Comment

Originally posted by saiyaneye
                  Capacitors only work to a certain extent. They discharge very fast. I have considered a closed cell battery in the trunk though. Would I need an iso regulator?
                  Just used to smooth out power spikes helps keep the lights from flickering and too. I mean thesse things are big kinda like a giant ignition coil.
                  Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                  X