I am now rid of the CFI...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am now rid of the CFI...

I got the 2150 carb mounted! Its really a peice of cake to mount.

I will have pictures, and now I am jsut waiting for my distributor, and to finish running my fuel lines!

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

:picsorst:

i forget - are you using your stock intake manifold?
    and is the carb a feedback carb?? or the nice and simple kind???

and you should try to run it on the stock ignition too to see if it works!

and if you havent played basketball with the CFI unit yet, save it for me!
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

pics will come as soon as Im not on a shitty computer.

stock intake, non-feedback carb, and my stock ignition will not work. No vac advance!

Also, I saved the old CFI unit, just for you. I dont think im gonna destroy this one, and im sure you can use a like new TPS. I had to adjust the TV pressure just like it was on the CFI, so i didnt bounce it yet, lol

Comment

Welcome to the club brother!

Carbs rock!!!!
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

You don't need vacuum advance.

Comment

I've yet to see someone run that TFI-moduled CFI distributor with a carb.

Comment

good job man!
              Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

ARRGH!! I though you were doing that this weekend! I was gonna drive over and give ya a hand!

Keeping all the fun to yourself!
                2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by grand_marquis_gt
                  stock intake, non-feedback carb, and my stock ignition will not work. No vac advance!
                  Cay Whaaaa?

What does the lack of vacuum advance have to do with your ignition working or not?

Comment

Well, I wont be able to drive it. With no advance, it will be a pig!

Comment

Why would you have no advance? If the only thing that you took out of the equation was the CFI injection unit itself?
                      If you did not take the computer out of the loop, you should still have advance.

Comment

2150 rocks dude! my carb is great!(since the VV lasted 22 years, this one should last longer) al you need now is a fuel efficiant 4bbl carb!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                        X