Plans for Anabelle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans for Anabelle

I will start posting my plans for Anabelle in here as they develop. My goal is to have a supercharged Mustang 5.0 block in her with a rebuilt AOD by senior year college.
    First steps are going to be getting the body up to spec.
    She needs new tires soon, so I am going with some Cobra wheels to liven up the old lady looks, and some grippy tires. In addition when the rear drums wear out, I will switch to rear discs, and later bigger discs in the front.
    Suspension will need work, but I don't know much about spring rates for these cars or how to make them handle better around turns.
    Rear end may get a rebuild with a trac-lock, but 3.55 are staying, if thats what they really are.

Now for the motor. I'm thinking of a 5.0 built from a mustang block with low compression pistons, set up for a supercharger. The motor should bolt right in because its the same block, and I will have the rebuilt transmission in BEFORE the motor goes in. I'm looking for 350-400rwhp after tuning and all is said and done, but still be a daily driver and have a low boost setting.
    Comments welcome.
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Sounds like a good plan. As for spring rates, check out the suspension stickies for those. Is the engine going to be EFI or carbed?
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Oh yeah, its going to be EFI, clean tuned for daily driving.
      1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Good luck dude!
        I'm sure it will be a killer car when it's done!
        sigpic
        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Cool. Making the mustang accessories work in the panther shouldn't be too bad. Will have to move the battery to the trunk and get some custom AC lines made. Or get all custom brackets made to fit the blower on the panther accessory setup. Either way shouldn't be too bad. Suspension stuff has been gone over a bunch of times. Very simple stuff there.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Holy shit, you're the guy who posted on my girlfriend's deviantArt about my white '85 Town Car with the waffle grille. I'd recognize the name "Annabelle" coupled with a white Town Car any day. What's up, dude?

EDIT: Oops, necropost... sorry about that.
            Last edited by CheeseSteakJim; 03-28-2007, 11:08 AM.

Comment

haha! awesome, yep thats me! Not much, just amassing parts for Anabelle. I hear you are doing some work to your Lincoln as well?

Comment

Just gonna give you all a little update on what I'm doing to Anabelle this summer.
                1. Explorer upper and lower intakes
                2. Lightning EGR spacer
                3. 65mm throttle body
                4. New 19lb injectors
                5. BBK shorty headers
                6. Off-road catless Hpipe
                7. AC delete
                8. Rest of smog pump crap delete
                9. Engine bay wire cleanup and paint
                10. 1.7 Roller rockers
                11. Chrome tall valve covers
                12. Transmission cooler
                13. HO trans governor
                And possibly:
                1. 2.5" exhaust and new 2.5 inlet/outlet flowmasters
                2. Ported heads - I may get a grinder and do some home port work on the exhaust EGR bumps.

Comment

tsk tsk @ AC delete
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

no ac delete!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

It's busted anyways, I'm just taking out the busted compressor and the smashed up condenser. Everything else is saying just in case I can fix it.

Comment

AC is overrated anyways. I rarely ever use mine, and that's only when the temps gets close to 100 and the humidity around 80% or higher.
                        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

An older gentlemen I knew put it best after I mentioned my A/C needed a charge. "It's a Lincoln, it has to have air conditioning!"

Comment

Have you considered a shift kit for this summer?
                            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Update on Anabelle!!
                              I got the idle under control today, because the 65mm TB was sticking open a bit too much, I just loosened the linkage bracket and put another nut on each stud to keep the original nut from moving. I just installed some equal length 1&1/2" headers and a 2.5 off road H-pipe. I have some platinum plugs and some 9mm FRPP wires to go on next, after I fix the oil leaks from the cheap valve covers I got off ebay Next is the ratchet shifter and shift kit, and dumps after the flowmasters.

Comment

Working...
                              X