Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blower motor query

Dear Pnathers,
    This morning I had no heat, no blower in my 89 CP UNTIL I went to air when warmth wafted into the passenger compartment.Also got heat on vent. I've had troubles with the unit before and changed the resistors- high blower still didn't work.I'd ghuess nit's those resisters again - yes?

Donald McCaig

You got manual or auto heater controls
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Dear Panthers,
      Manual.
      Donald McC

Comment

Try jumping two wires, should be an orange and black wire going to a valve on a hose in your heater core.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

yes the gizmo inline with the heater hose. bridge its 2 wires and observe
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

He doesn't have ATC, so he most likely does not have that. High blower wouldn't be affected by that anyway. I'd say problem with the switch, or maybe a bad connection at the blower resistor. The fan resistor connectors like to get melted and funky.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X