Question about airbag in steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about airbag in steering wheel

Hey guys. I just finished putting a 7" where the passenger airbag is but before i did i had to find a dash plate from a mgm without airbag, is it the same for the steering wheel to? Just a plate on the wheel without air bag? Im being lazy, i should just go to the junk yard and check but trying to figure out b4 i waste time.
    =embharris
    AIM: Embharris1984
    Looking for Polished steel or chrome rocker panel set for a \'94

I don't think the steering wheel ever came without airbags.

Comment

All 92+ wheels had airbags

You could buy a salvage airbag on eBay - then gut it for whatever you are going to be doing.
      -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
      My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
      Modifications
      Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

I dont know if i would screw with an air bag..Ive seen those suckers launch themselves off roofs of shops so....I would just fabricate somthing out of fiberglass
        R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
        Originally posted by MeanVic84
        Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Or you could just replace the wheel with an aftermarket one that has no airbag. Might not be legal where you are, check inspection rules.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I would buy a cheapo junk yard one, and cut or whatever the cover off. The only way the air bag will go off is spark, voltage to the ignitor inside. Yes they do fly far. Do not dis assemble the back of it. They contain some nasty chemical or something. I remember reading about it.

Comment

Working...
            X