Flooring....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flooring....

Here is the insulation I bought today for under the new vinyl carpeting... I was going to do it this weekend... but I forgot to go buy the material!!! here is a picture of it... I bought enough to do the entire floor...

And here is a new toy I bought off of E-Bay... A genuine 1975 Bearcat 4 scanner....

Pretty cool... It is like brand new... Works great... I was even able to use three of the eight crystals that was in it... for local channels... Crystal scanners sound so much cleaner, clearer... got it for 19.00 including shipping...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

that scanner is 100% badass!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

How big is that scanner? From the pic it looks huge!

The car is looking cool too man. I likes it!
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Scanner....

The scanner ia about 9-10 inches long, and about 4 inches high... about 8 inches deep... I have no idea why they made it so big, the cicuit board in it could have been put in a case about 1/4 that size!!!

It sounds like new... I have to order the crystals online tho.. no one around here still carries them....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

that underlayment looks nice!
          nice scanner tom! i'll take some pics of my buddies antique scanners for u
          i got an old layfayette around here somewhere too
          scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

more work...

Well, I got a chance to get most of the carpet insulation in today... I have to do the transmission tunnel yet, as I didn't have any of the silver duct tape... gotta go to the Ace Hardware tommorow!!! besides, when I got to this stage, it was getting dark, and the damn mosquitos were trying to carry me off!!! (Yes, we have mosquitos in Feb.!!! It hasn't gotten cold enough to kill them off for a while!! they were out the other night in 40 degree weather... ) Here is some pictures of the installation so far....
            I know it doesn't look like much.. but it it is really nice looking in person! I am thinking about putting this stuff inside the headliner, between the roof and the headliner board, when I recover it... The silver foil backing really helps it contour and stay in place when your putting it over uneven floors... more pictures when I get the whole thing in, and ready for the carpet... I'm even going to cut a strip to put inside that one "channel" that is right at the front of the front seat... there is a big enough hole to slip it into.. and then just slide it right in place!!!

Test fitting a piece for the side of the tunnel... this is where alot of heat gets thru the floor, and gets your feet hot during the summer!!

This is why I needed the duct tape.... to tape it all together... I am going to even put it under the rear seat, before I re-install it... I am also putting all the wiring in split loom tommorow... so it should look really good tommorow!!! Tom...

Comment

Working...
            X