Bushed Pin 5.09 Rods
    -2.7 Dish Pistons
    World Windsor Jr Iron Heads
    Edelbrock RPM Intake and Cam
    570 cfm Holley Street Avenger
    C-4 Tranny

Should be good for 275HP/310lbft
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

.040" overbore might be pushing it.

I had a 570 Street Avenger on my 302. It was a very nice street carb and worked OK at the strip with a different accelerator pump setup and a lighter secondary spring.

The 570 avenger is closer to the 450 cfm Holley than a 600 holley as far as throttle size and venturi size goes. Primary jet size is in the mid 50s and secondary is in the low 60s. I found the factory jetting to be about right for my 302. I richened it up a bit, but only 2 jet sizes. I ran a stock 650 double pumper on the car to see what it would do. I ran some passes with the dialed in 570, then unbolted it in the pits and bolted on the 650 double pumper. The double pumper did not need any mods to launch cleanly dumping the clutch at 4500 rpm, whereas the 570 vacuum carb did need tuning at first. I did not pick up with the 650 DP, so I bolted the 570 back on.

Tom

Comment

I'm goin stock bottom end rebuild with cam, carb intake upgrades nothing major. I just want a nice driver with better hp/tq than the towncar. My delta, well bow down bitches, you better hope I don't finish that project soon. :evilb:
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I just wanna kick some S10 ass out here.

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

.040 is fine with a 302

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Of course there will be NO FUCKING COMPUTERS, CATS OR ANY OTHER EPA BULLSHIT ON THIS ENGINE!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X