Want to put an EDC on my 4.6 V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to put an EDC on my 4.6 V8

I want to put an engine driven compressor on my merc. There doesnt look like there is alot of room for extras on my engine. Anyone here put one on or know how to?
    =embharris
    AIM: Embharris1984
    Looking for Polished steel or chrome rocker panel set for a \'94

I have no clue where you would put it. All panthers that came with factory air ride in the rear have separate compressors under the hood not belt driven. Keep us posted on it though, I am just going with the separate compressor for the tank when I bag my 2000, cause like you said there doesn't seem to be much if any room to do it.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

for all the trouble Id just use an electric one. what do you want it to do?
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I have to electric compressors on a 8 gallon tank, and it takes them about 14 minutes to fill. If i put the york EDC on it will fill in about 90 seconds
        =embharris

Comment

You need better a better compressor

May want to check out some of air-ride technologies' offerings.
          -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
          My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
          Modifications
          Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

nah, edc is the best besides oasis which is about 1200 dollars. I want to put this in drock, all it is is a ac compressor. is there a way i can fit it in??
            =embharris

Comment

Originally posted by embharris
              nah, edc is the best besides oasis which is about 1200 dollars. I want to put this in drock, all it is is a ac compressor. is there a way i can fit it in??
              I'm sure there is some way it could be squeezed in there.

Do you have a link to the specific kit you want?

Here is a shot of of the -99 belt routing, your 94 should be similar

You should be able to fit it above the A/C compressor, but you will need to modify the a/c lines for clearance. Similarly, it may fit on the driver's side if the power steering lines are altered.
              A bracket will need to be machined to mount it here, you will also need to run a longer belt.
              -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
              My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
              Modifications
              Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Working...
              X