CVN-ish idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CVN-ish idea

They have forums for each section of the US and even some places not in the US. We could adopt the same idea, with a forum so each section, and subforums like New England, Southeast, East central, North central, midwest, and so on. Canada and Mexico could have subforums too. With these forums, members and guests could see who is from where, when and where meets will be held, and maybe where the good u-wrench-it places are. I could mod the forum if no one else wanted to do it. Just my
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

I think that could be pretty cool. If nothing else, it could help everyone get to know who's in their general area.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

That's a bunch of forums to add...I don't know. CVN looks cluttered as hell with all those forums.
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Most places that have those sub forums, they end up fairly dead. Its one of those things that always seems like a good idea but doesn't actually do anything. We have the map if people want to locate other locals.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

it's cool but were just not that big of a site yet.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

yeah the map is good to find locals
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I don't think having all those forums is very organized looking. The Google's Frapper map is best. No matter how big it gets I don't find those sections of the site to be useful even on CVN. I may find one person in my area, and be lucky if they ever even check that forum. there are so many forums on the main page I get tired of looking by the time I get to Member's Rides.

Comment

We could make one extra forum and name it the "random" forum, it can have all the subforums it can hold lol.
                j/k btw
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yea, I think its fine as is. I like the smaller atmosphere anyway.
                  -Matt
                  1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Make one section and do 50 sticky topics, one for each state. Maybe do more for international Vic, LTC, MGM owners as well.

Comment

I don't like it.

Too much clutter.
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

i think we should make it that when you sign up, you have to enter your location

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
                          i think we should make it that when you sign up, you have to enter your location
                          That's an idea. Then it could be easily added to one big page with .php or .cfm categorizing users by location. A dynamic page would make listings change automatically when someone enters updated geographic info.
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Not only the clutter thing, but most of our members are located on the eastern side of the US, with a few in the middle. Then theres me and two or three other people on the west coast lol
                            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Seems like it'd only be a need for 2 "Location" forums... One for Northeast, and one for Elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X