My 81 LTD 2dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 81 LTD 2dr

Since I have no clue how to post pics here I set up a Cardomain site.

http://members.cardomain.com/fordman75

not bad. just needs some lovin. and i've never seen a 255 so i can't tell you whether it is or not,lol
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Man that camper looks like it has seen better days. That 351w and C6 will be perfect for the vic. That vic has tons of potential.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Evil I've had a few cars in the past that had 255's. The easiest way to tell was they usually have an aluminum intake. But the engine is so greasy it's hard to tell. I'll find out for sure once I yank it out.

Zwack88 I bought that camper for $550(with rebuilt engine in it ) and gutted it and have been pulling my 20 Foot car trailer with it. I used it to haul the LTD home. Kind of fitting I suppose, it hauled the LTD and now will make the LTD haul! I just bought a 89 E350 cargo van to replace the camper so the swap can begin. Atleast once it warms up some.

Comment

get me the VIN and i will tell you but, acording to my '81 ford librery, there was no 255 option. even the base meteor had the 302. get me the VIN and i will tell ya.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

That would be cool. If it's a 302 I can sell it off to make some more $$ to put towards the swap.

Comment

I just checked it on carfax and it says it's a 4.2L. Damn!

I can only hope it's not the original motor. It does have a 1976 carb on it.

Comment

it has the 1976 holly, eh? cant remember if its a 1VV...if it is, that means its a 255. also, does it have a single accessory belt? i forgot that the base LTD had the 4.2L and the mercury meteor had the standard 5.0L.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Not a Holley, It has a stock 1976 Ford Motorcraft 2150 2V. I just don't know if someone just swapped the carb onto the 255 or the 255 crapped out and they swapped in a 302. I guess I'll find out when I yank it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordman75
                    Not a Holley, It has a stock 1976 Ford Motorcraft 2150 2V. I just don't know if someone just swapped the carb onto the 255 or the 255 crapped out and they swapped in a 302. I guess I'll find out when I yank it out.
                    Just look at the intake. The 255 intake looks like there is an air gap in it. Also, the casting number is unique.

Comment

Maybe putting that carb on there is why the trans went tits-up

Did you check how the TV/Kickdown linkage was? And I thought it was a 2150, looks just like mine
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yea that's what I'm guessing.

He's got the TV linkage hooked up like it was a kick down. So that's what happened to the trany.

Comment

Toast!
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                          X