Electrical BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical BS

-Sometimes when I downshift (or randomly... its happend twice, both times at night with the headlights on) the dash cluster turns off, only the emergency brake light and I think the abs light stays on, the headlights turn black.. and I watched the volt meter hit the high mark.. Shortly after the car returns to normal (Weird shit huh?) In my thought, could this be the belt, pullies, or the tensioner.. or maybe even this new alternator causing this...

I also still cannot find out why in the hell my brights wont work and one headlight stays dim... Ive messed with everything...

Soulds like a problem with either the multifunction switch in the column or maybe the dreaded lighting control module. Dunno if the headlights go through the LCM or not.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
    X