Flowmaster Race Muffler....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowmaster Race Muffler....

i been looking for mufflers from Flowmaster and i know they make the delta series, the super and regular 40 series but i dont think its loud enough because i heard them any1 here about this Flowmaster Delta Force Race Muffler its a one chamber and super small i think it would sound good on my 4.6 but u think it would still sound like a mustang??

-Jay
    1999 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
    Dual Exhaust Gutted Cats with Glasspacks
    JDM Black Headlights convertered to a HID KIT 10000K
    Remote start Alarm
    22 inch wheels by Incubus on 265/35's
    Flip Out in Dash DVD player
    2 Audiobahn 12's with a 2600watt amp
    Honeycomb '07 Police Grille
    15% Tint

u think it would still sound like a mustang??
    Yes. the panthers have the same drivetrain (engine, trans, rear end) as a Mustang just a longer wheelbase so longer driveshaft. Other than that the only difference between the Mustang and Panther drivetrain is the Mustang has a revised PCV system and the intake is on the Pass side of the engine bay. The PCV system from what I understand is why the Mustang puts out more power.
    93 Town Car Cartier 150k mi
    01 CVPI, (Count Blackula)155k mi

Comment

The Mustang 4.6 is a completely different engine. It's a DOHC 4.6, whereas the 4.6 used in panthers is SOHC. As for whether it'd sound like a Mustang or not, probably not exactly, but it'd still sound good.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Wow, you must like things loud. I have a set of 40 Series Delta Flows sitting around because I couldn't take the noise except at full-throttle - and tootling around on the street, I don't spend much time at full throttle. Yeah, they're pretty loud. I ran a 50 Series Delta Flow on the stock 2" single exhaust with all four cats for a while, and it was relatively quiet but still sounded cool under acceleration.

Have you considered cheaper options like short glasspacks or Dynomax Race Bullets? Or, something like SLP's Loud Mouth or Car Chemistry's tube mufflers, while not particularly cheap, could also make for a very unique sound.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

The mustang GT 4.6 is SOHC..Only the Cobra is DOHC. The differnce in our motors is PI heads, and higher compression in the mustang motor
          R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
          Originally posted by MeanVic84
          Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN
            The Mustang 4.6 is a completely different engine. It's a DOHC 4.6, whereas the 4.6 used in panthers is SOHC. As for whether it'd sound like a Mustang or not, probably not exactly, but it'd still sound good.
            Mustang gt's use a sohc engine, thats pretty much the same as a panther.

Your thinking of the cobras which have DOHC heads. They probably sound real close too, same cubes, firing order, similar cams.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
            My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

The differnce in our motors is PI heads, and higher compression in the mustang motor
              Mustangs got the PI heads, Cams, and Intake before the Panther. Compression is the same (IIRC)as it is the exact same engine platform with just a revised PCV system and intake trac.

exhaust wise the Panther will be a little quieter as the exhaust length is longer. But it will sound the same or really close.
              93 Town Car Cartier 150k mi
              01 CVPI, (Count Blackula)155k mi

Comment

Don't all the newer ones have DOHC standard?

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I think the new 05 up ones are 3 valve like the truck motors IIRC...I'm probably wrong tho...4.6's aint my thang

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

No still 2 Valves. We want 3 valve ones.
                    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

The new 5.4 and 4.6 are both 3V motors.I still think they are SOHC though
                      R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
                      Originally posted by MeanVic84
                      Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Guess I should quit posting about 4.6 motors since I don't know much of anything about 'em. Just thought I did.

Comment

Didn't the Lightning get a DOHC 5.4L? If not, were there any of them made?
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I believe the navigator had a DOHC 5.4L, the lightning had SOHC.
                            -Matt
                            1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Originally posted by importssuck
                              The new 5.4 and 4.6 are both 3V motors.I still think they are SOHC though

Yay I win!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X