I said F it and spent the $$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said F it and spent the $$

Bought a base tweecer. Sick of the car having poor drivability. hopefully it'll be her e before the weekend and I can change the 2 main things I need to. The MAF transfer and the injector size. And if I really felt like it, I could toss the Mark 7 ECU in and get my cruise control back.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

A what???
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

a tweecer
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
        A what???
        A device that lets me adjust the ECU from a PC. This way I can set the computer to realize the 24lb injectors and put the correct MAF transfer in it. This way I cna play with it and tune it for about half of what a dyno tune and chip would be. I'll have to learn a ton of stuff, but that's not too big of a deal for me.

Comment

Im fighting the "fuck it" urge when it comes to my plunking down almost $2800 for a full exhaust from headers to tips and a tune.

293 RWHP & 312 RWTQ
          Many Bolt-ons and Dyno Tuning

Comment

Good luck with the Tweecer man! Let us know how everything turns out.
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS
            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

if you need a Mark VII ECM...I have one from a '90 mark VII...just so you know.
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Blackened300a
                Im fighting the "fuck it" urge when it comes to my plunking down almost $2800 for a full exhaust from headers to tips and a tune.
                $2800? I hope you're getting a Borla system or one of similar quality!
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht
                  if you need a Mark VII ECM...I have one from a '90 mark VII...just so you know.
                  I've got an A9P, A mark 7 ecu, and a 86 GT auto ECu... I'm good

2800 bucks is the complete setup from ADTR with kooks long tubes right?

Comment

Definitely let me know how it goes out, and I may be buying one myself. I can't be putting my car on the track with is acting like it does now, I have to get partial throttle back. And you should have posted something about this thing sooner, I would have purchased this a long time ago.

Comment

Well, it's not my fault you don't look at mustang sites...

Comment

Did you grab the standalone cruise box off the 86 TC Mike? Could wire that in with the A9P and have cruise again, provided you got buttons for the wheel.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah, got the cruise stuff, you sent me the wiring diagram. I just need to get it wired up. I'm running the stock wheel, so I have buttons again.

Comment

awesome..........can you use the tweecer on more than one vehicle?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

No, the module is plugged into the ECU at all times.
                              Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 03-21-2007, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X