Missing again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing again

Damnit I am really getting sick of this shit. My vic is missing again. Like 3 weeks ago I replaced all the plugs and put dielectric grease in the boots to fix the missing problem.

It started when I had my vic setting in the parking lot over a month ago and it snowed. Well it blew and snow got into the engine bay because my car never had the weather stripping at the cowl like it was suppose to. Well I went to the junkyard got the weather stripping and put it on. So I did everything I could to salvage those plugs as I put them in not 20k ago. I dried everything off, even pulled the plugs to dry them off. Put it all back together it still missed. My car has always been funny if it missed. So I just blew $20 and got new plugs. Third time I have changed the plugs on this mechanical ass since I have owned it. Well that did the trick. It has been running fine ever since.

So I get into my car today and I start her up, running good. I take off and she sounds really choppy. So then I get on her and sure enough she has the slightest miss to her. Well fuck. It did mist alot last night and has been really humid. I am pissed cause I have that weather strippping and I didn't drive it at all in that weather.

The only thing left it has to be is the plug boots right? I know one has a mild crack in it but the others appear to be fine but maybe I over looked something. I am going to give those a try and that better work, if not I am going to be super pissed. Any other suggestions but I think it is the plug boots though.

This is more of a rant as I am getting sick and tired of this POS. I really want to sell it but I can't let it beat me down.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Get new COP boots.

Put dielectric grease on the ends, AND all around the upper boot seal against the manifold.

Make sure the COp connectors are in good shape.

Are all your COPs original? What color is the label?
    -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
    My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
    Modifications
    Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Yeah it was the boots. I was mainly bitching about this faggot of a car.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Working...
      X