idea for guys taking wood panel off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idea for guys taking wood panel off

this guy had the idea i had for awile if i was gonna remove mine...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2508923

looks good with the moldingstill on the car!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Ehhh, Shiny Black + Wood = teh win
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

i was gonna do that same thing to my 91 when i had it, the chrome gives it the right touch!

Comment

But... but... who doesn't love fake woodgrain?!?!?!

Comment

there are a few out there, lol

Comment

I thought of doing that. I just ripped it off though. Probably would have been easier cause now I gotta weld up all those holes now.
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

tell me, did u mangle the clips to take em off, or did you take the clips off naturally?

Comment

The straight pieces that went down the sides I was able to get them off without screwing up the clips. The wheel molding though I just ripped off cause those are a bitch and I wasn't going to keep it anyway. I got to the nuts that held the wheel molding on but I would break them loose and they would keep turning and not unthread so that is why the got ripped off.
                2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I really don't care for leaving the woody molding on a car with the woodgrain decal removed. I think it looks like the bodyman was slacking and didn't care.
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I had thought of painting the area where the wood used to be a contrasting color, like a two tone, but my molding was pealing and all dented to hell, so it all went bye bye.
                    1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                    1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
                    1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
                      I thought of doing that. I just ripped it off though. Probably would have been easier cause now I gotta weld up all those holes now.
                      Holes.? What holes.???

1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                      1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.

Comment

Enigma, that's going to look good when you're through. Oddly, I really like the two-toned stock wheels. Kind of a unique look.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp
                          Enigma, that's going to look good when you're through.
                          Oddly, I really like the two-toned stock wheels. Kind of a unique look.
                          Thanks, but that's an old picture, about 1-1/2 years ago. Below is the end product (for now).

As for the painted wheels, I've been doing that to all my stock steelies for over 25 years now. Don't know where I got the idea from, but it's looked good on any vehicle I've done it to. Did I mention that I hate hubcaps.?

Comment

Oh, so yours is the car I've been seeing with the full-blackout treatment. Very cool. Whether I like your way better than mine is up in the air (I blacked only the trim and window frames), but it looks really good. I like the funky treatment on the grille - very clean look. How's that little hotrod-style sideview mirror work for you?

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp
                              How's that little hotrod-style sideview mirror work for you?
                              Works pretty good for what it's intended, to pass state inspections. I don't trust side mirrors, never will. I always look over the shoulder before changing lanes. Other than that, what's behind me, I see from the inside mirror.

Comment

Working...
                              X