Got another noob question,...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got another noob question,...

Where is the fuse box located? I can't seem to find it. My turn signals and brake lights are not working. I will propabably replace all the bulbs just to be on the safe side. Also, can anyone tell me the proper way to clean my engine. I just got off work (second job) and will try to tie up some loose ends when I wake up in a few hours. Thanks.

It should be under the dash on the driverside, towards the door.
    -Matt
    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

if is a 90-91, the fusebox is just under the dash. if its a 79-89, it will be behind the panel under the steering column. If you have manual remote mirros, you will need to unscrew the passenger window control bezel fron this piece

some folks like the pressure wash, but i dont use more than a medium blast from the garden hose...
      Last edited by 85crownHPP; 03-24-2007, 10:33 AM.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Well hello to you too....
        Be good, if not, be good at it!!

Originally posted by N A
        RideIt, I hope you know we are going to screw with you because you're the coolest chick on this 'site.
        Originally posted by p71towny
        Your one of the most kick ass girls I know.
        :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf:

Comment

Best way to clean the engine? Disassemble the whole thing and have my buddy hot-tank the block and heads and run them in his media tumbler!

Seriously, though, I've had only limited success with stuff like Gunk Foamy Engine Brite where the instructions say to just spray it on and hose it off. The goo on my engines generally needed serious scrubbing if not scraping. If you don't want to pressure wash or steam clean, I'd suggest getting a gallon of a good degreaser and an assortment of brushes and scrapers, hook the garden hose to hot water if you can, and start cleaning the thing by hand.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I pressure wash mine, couse i did get some water in my starer solinoid and had to tap it to start the car for a week, then it dried out.
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
            X