Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The carpets are in....

Here is an update on my car...

The insulation material I got to put under the carpet... I didn't really like the "jute" padding they sent with the carpets.. it was a lot thinner than this stuff, and this has a thermal backing to keep heat out...

The new carpets are in... This is right after i placed them in the car, before smoothing out all the wrinkles and getting everything to "lay down" I have to cut the holes for the seat bolts yet. I'm going to use a hole saw without the center pilot bit. I put the bolts in the holes, so I can tell where they are.. and then just place the hole saw over that spot, and drill the hole... then back the bolts out, and install the seats. The front edge of the carpet went so far up the firewall, that I had to cut off about an inch.. as it wasn't all the way forward enough ... the front edge was cut out to go around the steering column it is so long!!!

Test fitting and trying to figure out excactly how I want to mount the radios... before I put the carpets in... not sure yet where they will be mounted...

Another view....

Of course now it is supposed to rain for the next 5 days or so.... I WAS hoping to get the rest of the interior back in this week, to get everything out of the house!!! Oh well, at least the carpets will "Settle" in place before i cut out the bolt holes!!! Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

sweet, but you keep seeming to have rain problems. i'd gladly trade rain fo snow
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
    X