Classic/Vinatage Reciever Information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic/Vinatage Reciever Information?

Anyone know of some good clasic radio/reciever sites. I'm not saying go look for me. There are a few I've seen and there's no information about the recievers other than there are RCA preouts.

I will not cut the dash in the 75 and I don't wan't to put bracket below the ashtray of wire the radio into the massive glove box. I refuse to rig this car. I'm not against a CD changer below the seat, but I still need a classic/vintage looking stereo for direct fit or pretty damn close.

Any info or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ever look in JC Whitney?

They have classic appearing stereos that have modern stuff in em...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Shoot!

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...X/appId-428401

Over Priced, Under Powered, & it's not clear on what I'm purchasing. Also no pictures of the actual unit. JCWhitney sucks when it comes to sales.

Comment

http://www.custom-autosound.com/

These are the Masters at old stereos.
        2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Is there a harness that will plug a new headunit into my factory wiring harness and still alow me to use the amp? If so fuck the original radio. But I too will not hack the dash.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

That might be a hard find. If it is avalible Cruch, Best Buy, Circiut City, or a local custom car audio shop will have or be able to order it. but it could be as much as 40 or 50 bucks! Supply and demand thingy.

Otherwise, get out the chilton guide, a test lightand a multimeter!!!!
            2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Shit, I'd spend 50 on a harness if it worked. There are none available for my towncar, I have to bypass my amp if I want aftermarket, I took out the harness from my towncar and installed stock, now with the amp it rocks, just no cd
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Crutchfield has a harness for the Ford six speaker radio with the amp in the trunk. I belive it is $29 or so.
                89 CV LX 225/60 x 16 tires, CC819 rear springs, Front & rear sway bar, trans & PS cooler from 90 cop car. KYB shocks, F-150 on rear. Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe. Dark brown door panels, carpet, steering wheel, trim parts from a 87 Mer GM. Power front buckets from 96 Jeep Cherokee. LED'S front & rear. 3G Alt from a 97 Taurus wagon 3.0. Electric fan. Rear axle from a 97 PI 3.27 with disk brakes. Headlight relays.

Comment

Working...
                X