X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 door sound system

what size speakers are in a 2 door
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

4" in the dash, 5-1/4 in doors, 6x9s in back. Dont even bother tho if you plan on driving with the windows down. Cant hear shit in a 2dr with all the damn wind noise.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

same as in a 4 door as far as i know...
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I can hear my music just fine going 50 with all 4 windows down.

Mod 6.5" components into the doors and amp them. If you want to get really loud stick some 6" x 9" in the rear deck too. Make sure if you want it to be very loud and clear, get a 4 channel amp that gives out around the RMS ratings of both 6.5" (or 5.25", wichever you get) and the 6" x 9" in rear deck.

Comment

Well 50 yeah, I do mostly highway driving tho.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

did anything ever come of this thread 83countrysquire
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yeah i got 4 6.5" Cadence compent speakers with a vx4004 amp powering them its amazing but i believe when i crank it the fronts are about to blow so i am gunna run the 4 speakers on two channels and than run a sub off the other channels which should be better overall i have pics somewhere
              sigpic
              1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

I got 4" in the dash, 6.5 in the doors and 6X9's in the deck lid. I have the doors and dash speakers sharing the amps power, but I too had a problem with being afraid of blowing them out so I just lowered the gain for it and everything sounds sweet. You can hear my car from a block away with the system at moderate levels.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

pics of finish install at middle of page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ight=vinyl+top
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X