my first car!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first car!!

i got a 1987 ford ltd crown vic lx two weeks ago and was lookin for forum sites and thank god i found this one cause all the others hardly have any thing for my car. now i just got to get my permit so i can drive the beast lol!

welcome to gmn and the world of driving! now be careful with that 150 horses lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Hey now 150 horses is more than enough to get in some trouble. It's not so much the horsepower, but the 260 lb-ft that gets ya.

Welcome to GMN! Yah, we got lots of info about these cars! Got any pics for us?
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

not yet but im workin on it might have some up tomorrow or later next week

Comment

Sweet! Take good care of her, and when something breaks, don't improv, improve!

Comment

welcome to gmn mang you have found the right place

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Good choise for a first car,, you will love this forum,, its great

Comment

Greetings! You'll have oodles of fun yakking on here, and we'll get you so addicted to Crown Vics that you'll never quit!
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

aight, here are some pics for you guys. hope you like it! [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Jeffs car\jeffs car 005.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

oops, gotta upload it as an attachment. Don't worry, it takes some getting used to.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

never mind im makin a cardomain so ill just put that link up here in a few minutes.
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2609048/1
                      Last edited by aramilx; 03-31-2007, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Hello and welcome to GMN!!!!
                        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Looks like you have a good lookin car and it's in good shape.

In your cardomain it says you want to get a set of steelies. Are you talkin about a 16" set from a 98-02 Vic so you can upgrade to 98+ front brakes? If not, then I think you should just clean the turbines and keep them since they look great on the car, but you can do whatever you want it's your car.

And about upgrading to dual exhaust, you definetly want to do that. I remember how poorly the stock single exhaust flowed on my old 88. If you're gonna keep the engine stock, the factory 2" system is fine and you can get the parts from a junkyard or order them from a company like Walker. If you plan on modding the engine like doing a HO conversion, you'll want a 2.25" or 2.5" system.

Good luck with everything and have fun with your car. You won't regret buying it.
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

welcome to GMN. you are gonna have fun here. lots of info for building it up. i noticed you said you wanted to lose the vinyl top. trust us, you will never be the same after owning one of these cars. have fun learning and talking about these cars. they have so many possibilities.
                            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

thx guys ive just been browsing and ive already learned a lot more about my car than i knew when i first got it. yes i like the turbines too but i only have the two passenger side rims

Comment

Working...
                              X