New Front Speakers Ordered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Front Speakers Ordered!

I'm finally saying goodbye to the Infinity References up front!

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_4278...a+682.7cf.html

I'm bumping up to Kappas up front so I have all four Kappas... the amp will put out 30 more watts to them each because they are 2 ohm. That means I'll have 85x4 and more bass than the front doors know what to do with. Maybe in about a month I'll get a sub.

Me so happy....

Whatcha doing with the refrences? I need a decent set...
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Actually I think they're spoken for right now... I'll have to talk to the guy again. If he doesn't take them, I have one more guy who might want them, and then after that they're fair game.

The sound is pretty good on them- I give them an 8/10. The bass is great for their size, but the treble gets a little harsh sometimes. They've much enjoyed being amped, though.

Comment

Yeah, the highs are pretty dang harsh on the infinity's. I loved my eclipse point sources (long gone) and my JL Audio VR-600ci's (currently in protege)....I've got a $10 pair of used inifinity refrences in the back of the wagon...They are toast though.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Slightly harsh or not, I love them and would buy them again (if I couldn't find Kappas). I have the tweeters aimed back at me, but horizontally, and it sounds fantastic.

Comment

Working...
          X