custom dash cluster idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom dash cluster idea

take a 90-91 cv 85 speedo(no sense in hacking a 140 up) and basically remove the speedo needle. then cover over the numbers. cut 6 circular holes, for speedo, tach, oil pressure, coolant level and temp. oviosuly since you're just going to be using mainly the lights and the fuel gauge, you can short out everything else and run new wires for the gauges. i'm going to dig up an 85 at the local junkyard and try it out. it'll be awhiile before its shown to the world, but here goes. that way ii can have my clock back in the dash(will explain later) i think it'd work pretty good. will be expensive and i wouldn't be using mechanical gauges. electrical all the way. i'm debating if i should go digi or not tho.def. going to be lit up with blue leds tho.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

That would look pretty cool. Go for it!

http://members.sounddomain.com/sambos86
    My 1979 F-250 Ranger Hi Boy
    33/12.50 BFG Mud Terrians
    390ci with a little bigger cam
    Holly 4 barrel with K&N
    4 Speed with granny gear

Comment

hmm

there are a few places that make 6 gause clusters for hot rods n stuff that would look good in that spot...

SuperFord Profile
      Support safe sigs

-sigs should not exceed 600 pixels wide
      -sigs should not consist of more that 25 lines (including pics) when viewed at 800x600
      -Multiple images exceeding 600 pixels wide should have a space between them to allow for wrapping
      -Total sig size should not exceed 60k
      Remember, only you can prevent sig abuse....

Comment

Just a suggestion. Grab a cheapo cad program, measure your face from the speedo, and draw it.

Now you can draw your gauges as circles and arrange them for max clearance and appearance. Print it out to scale, and use it as a template to cut your holes. Paint the face, and install your gauges.
        Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
        AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
        Open/Lock/Ratio #
        -----------------------
        G / H / 2.26
        B / C / 2.47
        8 / M / 2.73
        7 / - / 3.07
        Y / Z / 3.08
        4 / D / 3.42
        F / R / 3.45
        5 / E / 3.27
        6 / W / 3.73
        2 / K / 3.55
        A / - / 3.63
        J / - / 3.85

Comment

Believe it or not I was just thinking about something similar to that while I was driving today. Cause my tach is in the way of the gear selector thing and I cant put my windshield wipers on high unless I move the tach. Plus I cant even really see the temp guage all the way on the floor. I've got an 85mph speedo in my trunk. I'll have to check it out and take some measurements.

Comment

Another option would be to take some careful measurments of the face of a speedo, as well as the mounting locations and have a new face laser cut. I just met a guy locally that has a laser engraving machine he takes to fairs, and festivals. He works relatively cheap. I am emailing him some autocad files tonight for him to look over.

If I like the results, I will probably end up helping him pay for the machine. LOL

Bryan
            Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
            AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
            Open/Lock/Ratio #
            -----------------------
            G / H / 2.26
            B / C / 2.47
            8 / M / 2.73
            7 / - / 3.07
            Y / Z / 3.08
            4 / D / 3.42
            F / R / 3.45
            5 / E / 3.27
            6 / W / 3.73
            2 / K / 3.55
            A / - / 3.63
            J / - / 3.85

Comment

thanks for tips everyone. i'm going to take measurements and take it from there. i think i have the iso for autocad somewhere
              Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
              X