Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Headunit!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...147601,00.html

My current head unit's faceplate keeps not opening, so I'm upgrading to this one. I'll be going from 4v to 5v preouts, and from a 13-band to 16-band EQ. Plus it's more colorful and and looks sharper to boot.

If anything, I hope I can be proud of my stereo system.

Nice choice! My friend has that unit at the moment, I like it lots, easy to navigate through it. imo.

Comment

I'm hoping that it comes in tomorrow and my speakers come in today. Then I could get everything installed by the meet Saturday...

How much does anyone want to bet that my head unit won't work the day of the meet? I definitely need the new one...

Comment

My car was broken into a few weeks ago and my brand new Eclipse CD 3000 was stolen

I'm sitting here right now copying cd's to tape so I can play them in my stock Ford electronic radio (with Dolby NR!!!)

It’s a good thing I saved it when I put the CD player in.
        I'm saving for an alarm before I buy a new head unit. That pioneer looks nice.
        1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
        FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

As I have said before. Even though I own a panasonic indash unit. I still swear by Pioneer. It just sucks that there indash dvd stuff is so expensive. Well You get wht you pay for I guess
          1992 GrandMarquis LS
          The boat with the sound.

Comment

Well, hopefully by Wednesday both the new head unit and the new speakers should be installed. Then, maybe, I'll have something to bring to the meet... *evil grin*

Comment

That's nice Mang
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Very nice. I have the DEH-4800MP and an ipod adapter. Really gettign to like pioneer headunits...
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Holy crap! I just got it installed and haven't touched on everything in can do. The first thing I'd like to say is that I now have an EQ band for 31.5 hz and 20 hz. I'm not sure where they stuck the third one at.

Comment

Wow, that sure is purdy.

Wish I could help ya out, I dont really know alot about car audio tho.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Apparently there's a tachometer in the thing that you can calibrate to display your engine speed. It sounds like a gimmick, but it can't hurt to try it out. Sounds like I'm gonna have some fun with this thing.

Comment

Neat stuff. I still ahven't figured out all the stuff on mine either. So much neat stuff.
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                        X