PDA

View Full Version : {CARB-SWAP}Ok I grounded my duraspark case...

Grand Marquis GT
02-24-2005, 05:32 PM
But yet, still nothing...Still hesitates a under light acceleration...

The box is still a little warm (I didnt drive it far, just to get it up to operating temp) Not smoking hot like it was the other day.... The coil is still cool as a cucumber, and it is mounted in stock location. wtf???

Im prob going to get a duraspark coil, and see if that solves the issue I am having. If not, I will continue to speculate.

The saga continues....

RugerP97DC
02-24-2005, 06:22 PM
:clap:

85crownHPP
02-24-2005, 07:35 PM
yeah that coil might draw too much juice... time for teh canister!

Mercracer
02-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Slight hesitation is not your coil.
You have a tuning issue. If your base timing is set and you have no vacuum leaks then you need to tune your carb.

grandpaslincoln
02-25-2005, 02:43 AM
I agree on teh timing and vac leak thing.

The carb comes from the factory pre-tuned. I stuck mine on, and it runs great, no tweaking required. His carb came from teh same place mine did. It shouldn't make a difference.

Tom-if you decide to go with a canister coil, make sure it has built in ballast resistor, so you can forgo the external resistor or resistor wire. Less of a pain in the ass.

phayzer5
02-25-2005, 04:03 AM
This will piss you off Tom, but after I got home from my speedy ride home tonight, my vacuum cannister had more heat to it than my duraspark box :D the only ground it has is through the dist.

Like I said before, I run a MSD TFI coil without a ballast resistor. If any coil draws too much juice, it oughtta be mine :)

I think if you get the fuel pressure issue fixed you'll be fine.

Grand Marquis GT
02-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Will a spiked fuel pressure gauge cause a smokin' hot duraspark box?

I think not.

marquisman
02-26-2005, 01:56 PM
this might be so...i was told not to use a high out put coil cuz it might fry the duraspark module.

phayzer5
02-26-2005, 02:02 PM
:guns: my swap has been fine with an MSD tfl coil