• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Post!!! right here!!

I feel honored having the first "real" question posted up in here :banana:

565 Canister purge solenoid (CANP)
    332 EGR valve not opening
    337 Electronic pressure transducer (EPT)/differential pressure feedback exhaust (DPFE) sensor/electronic vacuum regulator (EVR)
    634 Neutral drive switch (NDS) circuit failure

Got those error codes from the KOEO test in my '94 GM, the 565 was the only hard fault, all others were memory codes.

I posted this on CVN and was told to clean out the EGR valve first, reset the computer, then see what happens.

I'll probably do that soon, but if anyone has any more advice, let me know

The 565 code is caused by the following: (per Ford service CD)

Damaged solenoid
    Open harness
    Shorted harness
    Damaged PCM

Have you checked the solenoid to be sure it's not unplugged or damaged in some way? Also check the supply lines that connect too it, be sure there's not a leak in the lines.

332 is EGR related. As the CVN guys said, start by cleaning out the EGR passages if you haven't already. (The joy of a '92-'95 4.6 intake design.)

337 is the DPFE sensor. I'd start with the EGR cleaning and see if this code returns. It's easier to replace while your doing the cleaning however, so for the price and trouble, you may want to go ahead and replace it anyway.

634 is the MLPS sensor. If the code is stored in memory, erase the codes and see if it returns. If so, check the sensor connector on the side of the transmission. If the connector is good and the shifter cable isn't loose, then replace the MLPS.

Ray
    Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
    Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

Working...
    X